2009 Honda CR-V headlight wiring

KXA

Newly Enlightened
I'd like to know what kind of circuit Honda used for this car. Is it ground switched or power switched? Being that they're made here in North America (Canada, Mexico and US), I would guess they are power switched. (I have a power switched 9003/H4 harness and like to know if it will work with this vehicle.)

Thanks

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd like to know what kind of circuit Honda used for this car. Is it ground switched or power switched? Being that they're made here in North America (Canada, Mexico and US), I would guess they are power switched. (I have a power switched 9003/H4 harness and like to know if it will work with this vehicle.)
Country of origin is not a good predictor of the switching method on a vehicle.

With these steps, and some caution, you can find the switching methodology: With the lights off, pull a socket off of a bulb. Then, connect (and leave connected) the negative lead from your VOM to ground, and switch the VOM to DC volts (autoranging is fine). Facing the socket with the center terminal to the top, probe the other terminals one at a time to check for voltage. If you get at least 12.xV from one of the pins (probably you may get 12V from the feed from each the low beam and the high beam), it's ground-switched. If you get 0V all around, it's power-switched. For extra confirmation, leave the positive probe in one of the two feed positions on the socket, and turn the headlamps on. You should see 12V on the meter at that time.