• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD-Micro mags for sale (nichia 219C)-SOLD

kyfishguy

Newly Enlightened
Greetings,

I've been working on several large builds over the last month or two but potter mindlessly on micro mags while waiting for parts or patience. As always they end up in one of these threads looking for new homes. This batch, like the last, feature a combination of the nichia 219c on noctigon and a single sided FET +7135 driver.

This combination uses direct drive off a high drain 14500 cell and the low forward voltage of the nichia 219c emitter to drive a triple to over 8 amps or a single at 6 amps on turbo at start up. The triple will quickly drop to around 7 amps at 30 seconds and the single will reach 5.4 amps in the same time period. After the initial quick amp drop there is around four to five minutes of run time before the light gives a low voltage warning when the battery reaches 3 volts. The battery is only providing about an amp to the emitters by time the low voltage protection kicks in.

100_3086_zpse2end75p.jpg

100_3087_zpsrccs5qoy.jpg

The triple features the advantage of a dual channel driver to create a true firefly mode of about half a lumen (estimated in comparison to a D25A on firefly mode). Additional features include a 90 second turbo timer as a safety to prevent damage to flashlight/flesh, a four mode user interface (Moon-Low-Med-Turbo) with off time memory, a tailcap spring bypass mod to reduce resistance, and carclo narrow spot frosted optics. My micro mags are all built as described here excepting that I use aluminum heatsinks instead of copper. I estimate around 2000 lumens at start up and around 1700 at 30 seconds based on testing by Djozz of BLF. Turbo should still be giving a couple hundred lumens when the low voltage warning flashes.

The single emitter micro is built nearly identically to the one described here. Modes/turbo timer, spring bypass are the same as the triple. Calculated output should be around 900 lumens at start dropping to about 875 at 30 seconds.

Beamshots.

60 yards to the sugar house.

100_2833_zpsvx55b5pj.jpg

This is the single on turbo a yard from the wall.

100_3089_zpswzmzngyt.jpg

BTW this is what happened to my bar top when I was checking amp draw after 30 seconds. I had the light tipped slightly towards me to let out some of the heat,hence the uneven scorching.

100_3091_zpskhtd2btl.jpg

Price includeing CONUS shipping is $63 each. The black light is sold. International buyers pay additional shipping.

First reply followed by PM gets the light of their choice.

My paypal address is [email protected]

Thanks for looking,

Brian

Last edited:

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Micro mags for sale (nichia 219C)

I will take the silver one.
Let me know the cost to ship to Singapore. Thank you

Some questions..
1) can i swap the optic to other kinds?
2) can i change to other emitters in the future?
3) are the modes fixed? Can i change them in the future?

Last edited:

magellan

Honorary Aussie

I'll take the remaining red. Please PM me your PayPal info.

kyfishguy

Newly Enlightened

Hi DellSuperman,

Shipping will cost an additional $11, so your total will be $74. Some answers:

1) The optic can be swapped by removing the bezel and swapping.
2)Emitter change would entail removing the light engine, unsoldering leads, breaking the epoxy bond, reflowing emitters, and then reversing the process.
3)Modes are fixed but can be changed by removing the driver and re-flashing a new firmware.
4) Opening the bezel voids my responsibility to that light, FYI.

Brian

QUOTE=DellSuperman;4837944]I will take the silver one.
Let me know the cost to ship to Singapore. Thank you

Some questions..
1) can i swap the optic to other kinds?
2) can i change to other emitters in the future?
3) are the modes fixed? Can i change them in the future?[/QUOTE]

magellan

Honorary Aussie

Didn't see your post about shipping until now, so will send the extra $11.

nbp

Flashaholic

I gotta grab one of these when they come up. What cells do you recommend?

kyfishguy

Newly Enlightened

Hi nbp,

I recommend the windyfire high drain 14500 for my micromags. They easily beat efest offerings and seem to stand up to the abuse my lights require of them. Send me a PM if you want one of these built for you, it'll cost the same and you get to pick the color (within reason).

Regards,

Brian

kyfishguy

Newly Enlightened

Didn't see your post about shipping until now, so will send the extra $11.

Magellan,

That was extra for international shipping to dellsuperman, I don't think your location requires extra shipping $. Will square up after a visit to the PO at the requested time.

Brian

nbp

Flashaholic

Hi nbp,

I recommend the windyfire high drain 14500 for my micromags. They easily beat efest offerings and seem to stand up to the abuse my lights require of them. Send me a PM if you want one of these built for you, it'll cost the same and you get to pick the color (within reason).

Regards,

Brian

Awesome thanks, I might just do that. These are super little lights. I played with one I think you built for member Megatrowned a while back and it was very cool.

I have some Ultrafire 14500s I use a little and they have been fine cells but I don't know if they are quite suitable for a drain light like this one.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast

Y'all, I have been running Efest for almost 2 years in all mine. They seem to perform well. On high, it will burn wood too!!

Brian, where did you source the Windyfire? I may order some to try out. I just want to make sure I get authentic cells.

nbp

Flashaholic

I was thinking of getting a few new AW cells from RTD anyways. I see they have IMR 14500 with a max discharge of 9A. Those would work pretty well hey?

kyfishguy

Newly Enlightened

Y'all, I have been running Efest for almost 2 years in all mine. They seem to perform well. On high, it will burn wood too!!

Brian, where did you source the Windyfire? I may order some to try out. I just want to make sure I get authentic cells.

Mountain Electronics carries the windyfires.

kyfishguy

Newly Enlightened

I was thinking of getting a few new AW cells from RTD anyways. I see they have IMR 14500 with a max discharge of 9A. Those would work pretty well hey?

I would certainly favor the IMR over the ultrafires, at the expected amp draw I think the ultrafires would have a short life span.

boafish

Newly Enlightened

I need one of these. Will more be made?

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi nbp,

Regards,

Brian
Argh! He gets to choose colors.... [emoji22]