Basic AA led flashlight wanted

Firstnissan

Newly Enlightened
Hi I am in the market for a AA LED flashlight for my bedside stand. I am looking for a click type with one or two modes Max. I don't need all the strobes and other formats that are available. My budget is about $50. Any recommendations? Thank you

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you really want to stick to the exact parameters you list the Inova X1 fits the bill at under $20 at amazon (search Inova X1).

• ANSI/NEMA FL1 Standards-Light Output Lumens: High 80/Low 11, Run Time: High 4H/Low 70H, Water Resistance: IPX4, Impact Resistant: 1m, Range: 77m
  • Battery Type: 1-AA alkaline battery, included
  • Patented optical system, precision machined aluminum reflector with thermal management interface

You could go super inexpensive and basic get a Sipik68 clone single mode (search 1 mode 7w 300lm mini cree led flashlight) at amazon for $6.55:

These are well enjoyed by many a CPF enthusiast as you can see on a search at CPF: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...ic-AA-led-flashlight-wanted&ss=3257j3919809j7

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Coast HP5 is usually available at Wal Mart for $20 or less, uses 1 AA battery, has two power levels and adjustable focus. I find the adjustable focus very handy.

Available at many places online.

twin63

Newly Enlightened
Foursevens still has the Quark Click QK2A listed on their website for $30. Forward clicky, 2xAA, and 2 modes - Hi (246lm) and Low (5lm). It can programmed for other modes, but I think the special price is for Hi and Low default settings only.

campingnut

Enlightened
In the Redwoods just North of the Golden Gate
Foursevens still has the Quark Click QK2A listed on their website for $30. Forward clicky, 2xAA, and 2 modes - Hi (246lm) and Low (5lm). It can programmed for other modes, but I think the special price is for Hi and Low default settings only.

+1...Not that I need another Quark, but I have been looking at that deal as well...good light.

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Take a look at the L3 Illumination L11C Nichia 219B.

It features a high-CRI (92 Ra), 4500K CCT Nichia emitter, and has a reverse-clicky tail-cap switch. The three-mode version has good mode spacing: 3, 30, and 140 lumens. There are no blinky modes, and no mode memory. It powers on in low mode. Subsequent half-presses cycle low-medium-high, and repeat.

The seller, SBFlashlights.com, has a coupon code for CPF members that you will find here. Using the code, my L11C cost around $35 USD, including shipping.

It's a great flashlight that I frequently EDC.

7tisix

Newly Enlightened

It features a high-CRI (92 Ra), 4500K CCT Nichia emitter, and has a reverse-clicky tail-cap switch. The three-mode version has good mode spacing: 3, 30, and 140 lumens. There are no blinky modes, and no mode memory. It powers on in low mode. Subsequent half-presses cycle low-medium-high, and repeat.

The seller, SBFlashlights.com, has a coupon code for CPF members that you will find here. Using the code, my L11C cost around $35 USD, including shipping.

+10000

Get the 4 mode! I turn it on and only use moonlight and low. Comes on in moonlight. I leave it on all night every night beside my bed and the battery lasted more than a month without a charge. This is the perfect night light. The beam is plesant and in my opinion it's perfect.

Last edited:

gunga

Flashaholic
It's a good light (I've only tried the L10 twisty). I also like the Eagletac d25A (ti), and the Thrunite T10 series is quite nice too (I like the ones with the metal push button, classy).

Firstnissan

Newly Enlightened
I have looked at the d25a however it looks like there are a lot of modes to click through. Anyway to program it only for high and low?

gunga

Flashaholic
Well. 1 click head loose is low. 1 click head tight is max. If you don't half click to switch modes, you have high and low. If you do, turn off, wait 1-2 seconds and it resets to low/max.

7tisix

Newly Enlightened
Well. 1 click head loose is low. 1 click head tight is max. If you don't half click to switch modes, you have high and low. If you do, turn off, wait 1-2 seconds and it resets to low/max.

I didn't think of that, but yes, turn on the D25A and just twist head for high or low. The low (0.5 lumen) can be programmed a little higher (i think 4 lumen) by twisting head back and forth 5 times. I have the Titanium version and I would advise against titanium if you are looking for the perfect beam. There is a little blue distortion around the perimeter in which I believe is caused by the shiny titanium near the lens. This is a fun light; however, it does not make a very good 14500 light. With 14500 everything is brighter. I compared it with my Nitecore EA11using 14500s and the D25A was less efficient by far. With AAs, leaving it on moonlight (0.5 lumen) all night will work for a week or maybe two without a recharge. Overall it is a very nice light with lots of fun hidden modes. Get the Nichia version for a very pleasant tint.

fractal

Newly Enlightened
My L11C arrived today and I will admit that I am impressed. It is smaller than the Solarforce Z2 I keep in the car. I bought it for a bed light because it starts out in moonlight mode. It is just enough light to get from the bed to the door without tripping over things / animals but so much light that it will wake others. It will go in the drawer with an E05 that is a hassle to twist at 4AM when you have to pee. Moonlight seems a bit low when sitting in bed to do some tests but is probably fine when waking up at 4AM. Lights that start out on high, or whatever level you happened to have them on last time you used them are a non-starter to me for my intended use.

I got the L11C with the high CRI neutral white light and things do look more natural compared to lights using the CREE LED. Not that that is really important for a bed side light.

I don't think there is any "perfect" light for all uses. I bought the L11C for a bedside light and I think it will do fine there. I don't think I would recommend it as an EDC, or a car light or a bag light. Having to click it 2 or 3 times to get the normal light may be fine for a flashaholic but is kinda silly for anyone else. It surely won't replace the Solarforce Z2, single AA I keep in the car. But, the L11C is a good bed light. Either the 4 mode like I bought with the moonlight or maybe the 3 mode if you don't think you will ever need the moonlight mode.

Last edited:

flashturtle

Newly Enlightened

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you really want to stick to the exact parameters you list the Inova X1 fits the bill at under $20 at amazon (search Inova X1).

• ANSI/NEMA FL1 Standards-Light Output Lumens: High 80/Low 11, Run Time: High 4H/Low 70H, Water Resistance: IPX4, Impact Resistant: 1m, Range: 77m
  • Battery Type: 1-AA alkaline battery, included
  • Patented optical system, precision machined aluminum reflector with thermal management interface

+1 on the Inova X1, that's a great little light!

ztycx

Newly Enlightened
what's the condition for user to view the coupon? >x posts?

ztycx

Newly Enlightened
Lumintop ED15 is a good flashlight with excellent regulation.

tonglarry1

Newly Enlightened
I would choose Manker E11.
Max lumens output: 400lm (Power by 1x Eneloop Pro Ni-Mh battery)
800lm (Power by 1x 14500 Lithium battery without protection board)