Help needed: LED Flashlight M7RX or P7R ?

HomerJSimpson

Newly Enlightened
Dear all,

I'm in the market for an LED Flashlight. So far so good. Trouble is I know absolutely NOTHING about LED flashlights. I have tried out the LED Lenser M7RX and (as a person with no flashlight experience) was amazed at the power of it.

I have compared it to the newer LED Lenser P7R and it seems the P7R is even stronger, yet it says only 'LED flashlight' instead of 'Xtreme Power LED' on the M7RX.

I need the flashlight only about 2-3 a week for half an hour inspecting bigger machines at night in bad lighting/ no lighting conditions. My main focus is a powerful flashlight that is durable and will last me a LONG time.

Your help about which is the better of the two flashlight / which flashlight trumps them both in a similar price range would be greatly appreciated !

-David

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
M7RX. You can tailor the power output to your liking and it has better run time than the P7r on top of being rechargeable. Inspecting bigger machines at night in bad lighting or no lighting conditions? M7RX all the way. Get the P7R and you will end up wishing you got the M7RX....

RickZ

Newly Enlightened
M7RX. You can tailor the power output to your liking and it has better run time than the P7r on top of being rechargeable. Inspecting bigger machines at night in bad lighting or no lighting conditions? M7RX all the way. Get the P7R and you will end up wishing you got the M7RX....

I agree but golly gosh expensive. At that $150+? Price range you could get a beast of a nitecore flashlight, 1000-2000 lumens if you don't mind going bigger the tm series is affordable at that price range, imho, better start bigger then work your way down if absolutely necessary. If it's a duty light for 30 minutes I'd find something absolutely superior with 30 minute runtime and doesn't step down, but is small. Still, you might find your inspections lasting longer with superior quality nitecore/fenix etc. lights at that price range but bigger (slightly) than your suggested comparison.

I only bring up other options because you said you were new to LEDs and that hundreds of lumens seemed bright to you, when multi thousand lumen lights exist- for the price of your mentioned first impressions.

HomerJSimpson

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for the quick replies!

I think i will go for the m7rx then but i will look at some nitecore models now.