thought on Philips - Diamond Vision H11 Halogen HID Super White 5000K (Pair)

MBS430

Newly Enlightened
I have 2013 Lexus RX 350 with halogen projector.

thinking to convert to standard H9 but more lumen.
Any thought of Philips - Diamond Vision H11 Halogen HID Super White 5000K (Pair) ?

if H9 is more recommended, is there a white color H9?

Thank you much in advance for your help!

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
Welcome to the board.

H9 produces more lumens than any version of H11 you can buy.

Any thought of Philips - Diamond Vision H11 Halogen HID Super White 5000K (Pair) ?

There is a bulb called Philips Diamond Vision, but there is no bulb called "Philips Diamond Vision Halogen HID Super White 5000K", which sounds like some jerk's bogus Ebay description of the bulb. All of these so-called "whiter light" bulbs, no matter the brand, are BS, and they are all the same BS: blue-tinted glass to change the color of the headlamps. It does not make them "whiter" (there's no such thing), and it reduces their performance. Sylvania, for one, recently got their butts handed to them for the false "upgrade" claims for their version, which they call Silver Star.

is there a white color H9?

All legitimate H9 bulbs produce white light. "Legitimate" means a reputable brand (Philips, GE, Sylvania-Osram, Narva, Flosser) with uncolored, clear glass. Halogen headlamps are not supposed to look like HIDs or LEDs; they are different technologies that look different. You will never make your halogens look like Xenons, but in the process of trying you'll make them unsafe and/or illegal.

For your info, though, the best H11 bulb is this one.

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to the CandlePowerForums

If the lenses on those headlamps are in excellent condition, and you ensure the lamps are properly aimed (find a place with an actual headlamp aiming machine), this shouldn't be too problematic, however, the headlamps are mounted a little higher on an SUV than a sedan and so may be a bit too glaring when vehicles are closer to each other (for example, when you're close behind another car in traffic). I'll defer to -Virgil-'s wisdom on this particular instance (were we talking about a Camry, I'd say "go ahead").

What I can answer with certainty is that you DON'T want to use those "Diamond Vision H11" bulbs if these are what you mean. These bulbs have an incredibly deep blue tinting, robbing you of light you need to see by.

if H9 is more recommended, is there a white color H9?
All halogen bulbs, given the correct amount of voltage and using untinted glass, emit white light. The blue-tinted bulbs that promise "whiter light" are a scam. White light is white; there is no white light that is whiter than any other white light.

Last edited:

MBS430

Newly Enlightened
thank YOU very much both Virgil & Alaric for the welcome and the prompt information!!

yeah... the HID/Led color is very temping but it's not worth it to sacrifice the actual lighting performance.

Thanks again for the info. I will go with H9 route.

Akerr84

Newly Enlightened
Why not... source the parts from a rx350 with hid?
Rule 11 violation removed

Last edited by a moderator:

blergh

Newly Enlightened
Diamond Vision and Blue Vision are rubbish, you lose output (especially Diamond Vision) for the sake of a whiter light.
Stick with X-Treme vision, or go the expensive route of putting in the OEM HIDs headlamps.

blergh

Newly Enlightened
And it's not even whiter. White light is white.
Whiter compared to the standard halogen colour.

You might get lucky with a wreck, so you can grab the headlights and associated wiring and stuff (self levelling controller, headlight washers, etc.) for less than $1k.

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whiter compared to the standard halogen colour

For the last time: White light is white. Standard halogen headlamps emit white light. HID headlamps emit white light. LED headlamps emit white light. Compact fluorescent bulbs emit white light. Visible light is either white or non-white.

You continue to cling to many falsehoods beyond the one of "whiter light". This particular one should be easy to remove from your vocabulary and as a basis of meaningfully comparing lamps' performance. Perhaps through careful study, and a less adversarial approach to the correct information, you'll learn the real facts.

haha1234

Newly Enlightened
The Diamond Vision is actually illegal. The bulbs come marked "Not for use in Europe/USA" because they do not give enough light and because of the color.

Philips Xtreme Vision, Osram Nightbreaker, GE Nighthawk Platinum or Xenon (or its overseas version GE Megalight Ultra) are your best bets.

harro

Enlightened
Just my $·02 worth. I had a set of these ( in H7 ) P.....s Diamond Vision in my VW Golf, in both high and low beam pockets, and what a backward step that was. Legalities notwithstanding, the output from them was absolutely appaling. The worst time was dusk, right when you really need as much light on the road as possible. What a tradeoff, less light for a supposedly ' whiter ' light.....
Replaced them very quickly for Xtreme Vision 100 plus, in both high and low, and what a difference. Had these in the car for a few years now and wouldnt go back to anything with a blue filter covering the entire glass envelope.