Anyone sell a P60 laser drop in module?

Espionage Studio

Enlightened
I love the idea of dropping a laser module into a Surefire or Solarforce host. I know it has been done by at least one crafty person on here, I'm surprised they are not more readily available. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would be de-LIGHT-ed thanks!

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
NIce pun. We just did Sleeping Beauty and the the Daleks on stage, as you do. One of the lines was "You look Dalektable", OOOF!
P

Espionage Studio

Enlightened
I wish I was craftier and had the equipment I would try to make something, but there are more than enough talented fellers on this forum that could create something great I'm certain of that.

m4a1usr

Enlightened
Hmmmm,..... what color led and power range are you guys thinking about? It wouldn't be too hard to alter a premade 5mw laser and drop it in a copper P60 like VOB or Matt makes. Or are you guy's thinking something over the top?

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmmm,..... what color led and power range are you guys thinking about? It wouldn't be too hard to alter a premade 5mw laser and drop it in a copper P60 like VOB or Matt makes. Or are you guy's thinking something over the top?

Something fairly inexpensive for flashahics who already have a ton of p60 hosts to try playing with a laser is what I was imagining:)

Single 18650 cell would be awesome if possible- no idea of the voltage required for lazers.

Espionage Studio

Enlightened
psychbeat, I was thinking along the same lines as you. 18650 power, maybe 2 IMR 18350's if needed. It seems to me if the price was right (~$100 maybe $150?) a lot of people would be into one of these. I have some great old Surefire hosts that mostly just sit there, I've got more hosts than good LED drop ins and a laser module in a C2 or M2 would just be nifty. I have a cheap eBay laser that I fire off every so often, just thought it would be nice to have a cool laser in one of my unused hosts. M4a1usr, that is what I had in mind too, a nice copper drop in with the laser goodies in it. I'm unfamiliar with power ranges but something dangerous and on the fringes of legality always appeals to me. My current laser is green and I enjoy the high visibility of the beam, even in daylight.

Tired of darkness

Newly Enlightened
surefire use to make a head that fit on the 660, it was pretty cool also a splinter so you could run the laser head and p60 head at the same time

Espionage Studio

Enlightened
For that price I might consider trying it although it looks bigger that a p60 head I can't tell for sure. Thanks for the link!

Hutchoven

Newly Enlightened
For that price I might consider trying it although it looks bigger that a p60 head I can't tell for sure. Thanks for the link!

It's a 502b so I figured any p60 would work in it. Let me know if you end up trying it, I kinda want one myself now.

Espionage Studio

Enlightened
I see that it comes with a cr123 sized battery, it makes me wonder if the laser module is so big that it couldn't be used in an 18650 Solarforce host? I wish they would sell just the laser for $10 and they can keep all that other stuff.

light-modder

Enlightened
When this first started I thought about the heatsinks I've seen around online that people have made and thought that if there was interest I'd be willing to have some made. A week or so later my 6P sold but if there was interest I'd buy a new one to make sure they fit. We could do it a few different ways. They could be machined for a standard 12mm module with a couple set screws to keep it in place. Or we could try to make it a direct mount into the heatsink i.e. the diode itself mounts into the heatsink and a lens screws on the front. This would probably take a lot of R&D which may cost more than it's worth. We could also do aluminum or copper whichever more people wanted. I could order the modules and install them and sell it as a whole unit or we could just make the heatsinks. Let me know what you all think but they will probably be more than $10. But we don't know until we try.

Espionage Studio

Enlightened
light-modder, there were some for sale on the forum here recently, the person had multiple units and were $34 with batteries if I remember correctly. I'm still in on this, I think it would be a great item to have for sure.