NEXTORCH        
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ALL MEMBERS MUST READ!!

Exclamation ALL MEMBERS MUST READ!!

After much trying to adapt and tweak and make it work, I have decided to disable the Panjo MarketPlace System and go back to our old way of conducting Sales on CPF. There is one thing that is not going to be changed though - if you want to post a WTS thread in one of the WTS forums, you MUST have a CPF Supporter subscription. (Click on the "CPF Supporter" tab at the top of the page for options and info).

There are many reasons why Panjo just isn't for us. But one of the top reasons is because too many members are abusing the "honor system". It is truly disheartening that we have members who have gone around the system so as not to have to pay any fees at all for using the CPF platform to sell their items. It is dishonest and does nothing to support the community.

CPF costs money to run. There is considerable overhead. I am not independently wealthy and do not have a "second job". I have made myself available 24/7/365 for emergency situations and for the most part, I am available at all times for any other situations as well. (Sometimes I do take some time to sleep) I just want CPF to support itself without having to dig into my household funds to keep it running.

It was my own decision to close down CPFMarketPlace.com and have those forums here on CPF Proper - all things combined. I did this knowing full well that CPF's income would basically be cut in half because advertisers would only be paying to advertise on one site rather than two. I had naively thought that the "pay as you go" Panjo MarketPlace fees would help to offset that reduction of income. But with members being dishonest and bypassing the fees, it is just not working.

So this is how it is now. Anyone who has a thread that was created through the Panjo system still has that thread and can finish up their sale(s). Do not add new items to these threads. Once items have sold, those threads will be closed. Members without Supporter subscriptions caught trying to bypass THIS system by editing their Panjo threads to sell new items will be banned from CPF permanently. Sorry ladies and gentlemen - but I will NOT have dishonest people in our community.

I know some of you are going to have issues with this - please feel free to keep it to yourself. It's not going to change. This new "old" system is cut and dry and simple. And makes life a whole lot easier on me - because frankly there have been too many other issues going on behind the scenes that I just don't want to deal with anymore either. Life is just too short.

Default Re: ALL MEMBERS MUST READ!!

Hear hear Greta. Sorry a few shoddy members trashed your efforts. Ty for try'n tho!
    if your not wearing a #12 welding screen than it ain't bright enough! "Hand-Sun H.I.D." 55w & 75w, Rocky 3w LED, Stanley 109 35w mod'd, Maxa-Beam Gen II, 55w hid/100w incan Vector Twin, 400w MH long arc, 100w MH mid arc. Amondotech n30, vss-3A.

Thank you Greta. I was impressed how you really tried hard to improve things and make it work. Like many things in life, it doesn't always work out how you planned. I won't comment on members who tried to game the system. That is just sad and actually a let down to hear.
    Thank you for keeping us abreast and keep up the good work!
    Interested in Saltytri lights. Pm me!

Thank you! Your hard work is MUCH appreciated. Love the forum, community, etc, and glad someone who knows how set it up!
    Lord bless!

Thanks for keeping us posted Greta. I hope this results in fewer headaches for you. I'm for whatever is best for the community! Thanks for all your work. 🙂

I just sold something on Panjo last week and wondered why I did not receive a fee for selling the item. Maybe it was something I did wrong? For that I bought a subscription.

Thanks! Russ

Quote Originally Posted by Nitroz View Post
    I just sold something on Panjo last week and wondered why I did not receive a fee for selling the item. Maybe it was something I did wrong? For that I bought a subscription.

Thanks! Russ
    Hi Russ -

Yes, and then there's that. I'm not really sure what is/was going on with the actual charging of the fees at this point. And truly, I did know the difference between cases like yours and those who were deliberately being dishonest. I wasn't worried about members like you or referring to members like you.
    I probably should have also mentioned that I am impressed with how many really honest members we have also!

... and here's another big issue for me - I do not like having to say "I don't know" and then having to depend on someone else to figure it out and fix it. Yes - I am a control freak. Anyone who has been around here for more than an hour knows that. So while the guys at Panjo really did try also and did a great job trying to accommodate us, it just wasn't going to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Greta View Post
    Hi Russ -

Yes, and then there's that. I'm not really sure what is/was going on with the actual charging of the fees at this point. And truly, I did know the difference between cases like yours and those who were deliberately being dishonest. I wasn't worried about members like you or referring to members like you.
    I probably should have also mentioned that I am impressed with how many really honest members we have also!

... and here's another big issue for me - I do not like having to say "I don't know" and then having to depend on someone else to figure it out and fix it. Yes - I am a control freak. Anyone who has been around here for more than an hour knows that. So while the guys at Panjo really did try also and did a great job trying to accommodate us, it just wasn't going to work.
    Thanks! I look forward to the simplicity of the old WTS way.

Oh wow, I had no idea that panjo charged extra fees. I made a few sales and had no clue I was bypassing anything. I have no problem paying to be a supporter in order to sell items on CPF.

Flashaholic*

Read. Good to know.

Travis

Various Neutral Tinted/Hi CRI Goodness.

thanks for all your hard work. Being a supporter works for me!

I'll definitely become a supporter as soon as I have a little $ - even if I don't have any sales coming up
    Thanks making the tough decisions!!

Flashaholic*

I think most of us support whatever works best for CPF. I think Panjo did a good job of trying to communicate with us, too, despite the difficulties. The WTS format is easy and the subscription fees are less than costs associated with something like ebay. Hopefully things will be easier for you now.

This sounds good to me because I never did figure out the whole panjo thing. It just seemed overly complicated. Or perhaps I'm a simpleton.

I have no problem being a supporter. Do what ever makes your life easier. Thanks for a great site!

Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, DC, Philadelphia, PA

Great news! I dont mind the support fees whatsoever, it is worth it to list your product, and actually a good deal.
    Check my Web Site: www.Redwayphoto.com

Another thank you for a great move.
    Thanks, CPF!

Flashaholic* Crazyeddiethefirst's Avatar

HI Greta,
    Sorry to hear more change is necessary (not because I mind, but no matter what change you make it seems to start a landslide of complaints because some people can't be bothered to read the rules and instead just whine). Please know that you have a whole community of people who appreciate what you do and are glad to support our beloved CPF. The most prized lights I have in my collection have all come to me through CPF, and I really appreciate the value CPF provides.

Flashaholic

Put in as a supporter,

Thanks much for putting together these boards. I certainly have enjoyed them as I am sure all the others here have.

Flashaholic

Put in a little as a supporter. I'll update as I can. This has been one of the best forums I've ever been a part of
    TOOLvn,TN36UTvn,TN32UTvn,SK68vn,SK98vn,M2Xvn,P60vn quad <<bit of a theme. several variations of S1Baton, srMini, Factor Equipment ghost 130, Cossatot 1000xl, Mizpah 300 Reylight copper tool

Thanks Greta, I hope your behind the scenes problems resolve themselves.

If anyone has any hesitation about supporting this forum, consider the entertainment value here compared to any other entertainment costs.

Then there's the intrinsic good feeling you get from interacting with such friendly people here, priceless.

Finally, the cost is a drop in the bucket compared to what we spend on flashlights (where there would be a lot of wasted money without the knowledge extracted here).

Forums like this one are rare indeed!

I liked the ease of Panjo, but I also liked the old way of doing things. No problem. That subscription will definitely hurt my sales $$, but that's how it goes...MAD777 said it well. I'll live

Thanks for all your hard work keeping us up and running Greta!
    GOOD TINT!

Thank you Greta for your effort and looking out for the best interest of this site. If you didn't then this place wouldn't be what it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    I liked the ease of Panjo, but I also liked the old way of doing things. No problem. That subscription will definitely hurt my sales $$, but that's how it goes...MAD777 said it well. I'll live

Thanks for all your hard work keeping us up and running Greta!
    The badge is probably cheaper in the long run.

I was the first to sell on Panjo and I had to get a badge to do it ............................... I always preferred the money going directly to CPF.
    Quando Omni Flunkis Moritati

In the Redwoods just North of the Golden Gate

Simple and clean...I like it. I really did not like the panjo system. Thanks for all that you do.

Edit: Any chance there could be an annual option?
    Last edited by campingnut; 02-19-2016 at 12:26 PM.

Flashaholic*

I don't know if this has been asked before, but if we buy a $5 badge to sell an item and it doesn't sell within the month, do we have to buy another badge until the item is sold?
    What if it takes 6 months to sell, would one have to buy 6 months worth of subscription?
    I've seen a couple of WTS threads closed because there wasn't a badge but those threads were months old. I wondered if initially the seller had a badge but it expired.
    Thanks in advance.

As long as the poster had a badge on the day the WTS was posted, that's fine. BUT... no new items can be added to the WTS thread once the badge expires. Make sense? And sound fair?

Quote Originally Posted by campingnut View Post

Edit: Any chance there could be an annual option?
    I'll see what I can do.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast