Battery question

Skeeterg

Enlightened
Hello all, I have this remote control that uses 27a 12v battery,and wish to know efore i make an order will 23a 12v battery work?Mike

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes.

You're only missing 4Ah of capacity and cutting that in half (50% DOD,) you're only down 2Ah, but it will work fine.

Now, if you're the 'Boy In The Bubble' and your personal air supply system requires a 25Ah capacity per battery, then maybe you'll die with the 23Ah battery?

Otherwise...

Chris

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 27A cell is rated at 22 mAh and is 8mm D x 28 mm H. This gives a capacity of 264 mWh.
The 23A cell is rated at 55 mAh and is 10.3 mm D x 28.5 mm H. This gives a capacity of 660 mWh.

Clearly, you will be way ahead as far as capacity. The question is will the 23A cell fit into the cavity for the 27A. It is only half a millimeter longer, which should be taken up by the spring contact, but it is 2.3 mm larger in diameter, which while not a lot, could be enough to keep it from fitting. If a visual inspection looks like it might fit, I would try one cell to verify before ordering any number to get a better price.

[Figures are from the Wikipedia page on comparative battery sizes and shapes. I find the 32 mAh difference in capacity somewhat astonishing myself, considering both are alkaline cells. I would suggest further verification before ordering.]

[FONT=Arial, Arial, Helvetica]12v nominal output, 40mAH (23A/A23) or 18mAH (27A/A27) capacity.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Arial, Helvetica]23A/A23 max size 1.122" long x 0.406" diameter, weight 0.26 oz or 7.5 g.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Arial, Helvetica]27A/A27 max size 1.110" long x 0.315" diameter, weight 0.15 oz or 4.4 g.[/FONT]

[These numbers are from flashlights unlimited. As you can see their specs for the 23A mAh are somewhat less, but microbattery matches these except their mAh for the 23A is also 55 mAh.]

Last edited:

Skeeterg

Enlightened
Excellent info guys,and looks like the 23a wont fit then. Thanks much

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Excellent info guys,and looks like the 23a wont fit then. Thanks much

Yeah, sorry that my post didn't address size, as you didn't mention it and I thought you were just talking about it from a SLA/AGM 12v battery 'capacity' (Ah) point of view.

Chris

Skeeterg

Enlightened
Yeah, sorry that my post didn't address size, as you didn't mention it and I thought you were just talking about it from a SLA/AGM 12v battery 'capacity' (Ah) point of view.

Chris
Sorry,yes i should have. In fact its the remote that came with my Imalent flashlight,and suprise the battery is dead.