NITECORE -- Keep Innovating        
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Review] Manker Quinlan U11 (XP-L V5, 1x 18650, Rechargeable)

Flashaholic

Default Re: [Review] Manker Quinlan U11 (XP-L V5, 1x 18650, Rechargeable)

Quote Originally Posted by wle View Post
    bugs:

leave in DRAGON BREATH more than 10 sec, single-click goes to MOON mode, not SOS

moon mode is not remembered - long click from OFF goes to last non blinky mode UNLESS that was moon mode, then it starts on LOW
    Not sure if it's a bug, but I like that it behaves like this. If I turn mine off while in moonlight, it still goes to the last (non moonlight/blinky) mode used. Meaning, if turn it off while on medium, it turns on medium when I do a long press from off. Then if I cycle to moonlight then turn it off, another long press from off still goes to medium.

lumen levels not correct - LOW is at least 200 lumens, even when set on the low setting [should be 40]
    I have a total of 4 Manker U11's, two of them from Fasttech. Both of the ones I received from Fasttech has this issue, Low1 and Med1 being too bright just like yours. My first one from Fasttech measured 300mA on Low1 which is way too high. 2nd one measures about 100mA, still a little too high. They should be under 50mA I think.

i think the low-battery warning comes on too early - it will blink under heavy load, then the BAT LEVEL mode will still report 3 'bars' [blinks]
    All 4 of mines, I get a low battery warning around 3.2V with the light on turbo, seems about right. What doesn't seem to work properly though is the battery level indicator in advanced mode, it's 4 blinks all the way down to 3.4V. At around 3.3V is where it blinks 3 times. This makes the battery level indicator useless to me.

Also, all 4 of my lights are NOT waterproof. Water is able to enter the bezel area.

Quote Originally Posted by shilent View Post
    I have a total of 4 Manker U11's, two of them from Fasttech. Both of the ones I received from Fasttech has this issue, Low1 and Med1 being too bright just like yours. My first one from Fasttech measured 300mA on Low1 which is way too high. 2nd one measures about 100mA, still a little too high. They should be under 50mA I think.
    According to this post on another forum, there is a hidden 'Engineering Mode' on the Manker T01 and U11 that can be used to recalibrate the brightness of the lower modes. Maybe that will help?

Acturally, there is a hidden Engineering Mode on T01.
    Off—long press over 10 seconds(flicker twice)—Pro Mode—Double click—one click———-
    —one click till to Custom settings Low1/2/3(brightness changed automatically)—
    —(Choose the brightness you need)One click — Medium1/2/3—Double click—Engineering mode
    There are several different output modes on Engineering mode.
    If your T01 got a Pre-flash you can choose a brighter output mode in Engineering mode.
    And then try the moon light mode again, you will see the moon light mode get brighter but without pre-flash.
    The reason is: different emitter get different VF and will cause a difference on moon lihgt output.
    So we have to calibrate the value to get the same brightness on moon light mode before sending them out.
    But some emitter’s VF is too low and that caused the pre-flash.

Quote Originally Posted by somnambulism View Post
    According to this post on another forum, there is a hidden 'Engineering Mode' on the Manker T01 and U11 that can be used to recalibrate the brightness of the lower modes. Maybe that will help?
    it does reduce the too-bright-on-LOW
    it;s kind of tricky to use though
    google "u11 engineering mode youtube"

or here
    this post on another forum,

wle

All very helpfull. Love those torches.
    Not much to add but even beside this great review (s) , I notice for some mysterious reason which must be only pure chance, I see zero klarus product throughout this whole review block.
    I will not give the review for the Klarus xt12 here. But because I'm at the bottom of the column or thread here maybe someone will notice.
    No reviews on multiple Klarus torches? I will try to have one soon. They are imo the best light out there but in the operational aspect they are superb and Innovative beyond... I hope to see more so I know what to buy..lol.
    Last edited by babyslim; 07-26-2016 at 03:50 PM. Reason: spelling

My U11 does not work thinking about taking it apart it turns on one mode and turns off will not do anything else the button is also lit when you screw the cap tight it also will not shut off at all has anyone else had this issue or no of a fix or possible reset

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12