Japanese Duracell and Energizer LSD NIMH?

London666

Newly Enlightened
Anyone know what the deal is with the Japanese Duracell and Energizer LSD NIMH? Been seeing them at WalMart for the last few weeks. They've probably been there a lot longer and I just never looked. Not specifically stated as LSD but do mention being pre-charged. They don't have the white tops of Eneloops. AAA Duracell is rated at 850 mah, can't recall the mah of the others.

Good? Bad? Anyone had a chance to play with these yet?

keithy

Enlightened
For the Energizers, there are a few different versions out there.

For the AAs I have a few sets (about 24) of the 2300mAh mentioned in this thread http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-(NH15-2000)&p=4729922&viewfull=1#post4729922

They are made in Japan, and have green tops, and are LSD - I posted pictures of my AAs there.

I have about 20 sets of the AAAs which are 800mAh, and they are also LSD, but have the white tops like Eneloops.

In that same thread above though, you'll see that HKJ reviewed the 2000mAh that he said might not be LSD.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've used the 2300mAh Energizers for over a decade and they've been good batteries. They're Japanese sourced and I'm guessing that they come from the FDK plant, but that's just my opinion.

I've worn out a few quads of both the AAs and AAAs, but I like them.

The AAs are spendy at about $15-$17 per quad at the 'big box' stores like CVS, Walgreens, Best Buy, but you can find them for close to $11-$13 in places like Walmart and Target, but be careful, many are now stocking the Chinese made 1500s, so make sure you're buying the 2300s if you go that route.

With the Eneloop prices being stable and the Fujitsu LSDs being less than $9 a quad shipped, I'd just go that route, unless the price was comparable.

In a pinch, vis-a-vis pricing, they're a quality product.

Chris