KT4 or X200A?

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
Here's the scoop. For helping out one of her girlfriends, the wife owes me big time as in it's time for a new light and I can't make up my mind.

I already have the M3 and it's a great light that I don't use very much but I've ready all posts on how the "T" makes this light great. Perhaps that will spark my interest in using it more although I find that the L4 meets most of my needs.

The X200A really catches my eye and I like the LED aspect along with the small form factor. This is, if I understand correctly, that it's the same LED that's used on the L4.

A couple problems with buying the X200A - I'd rather have the grip mounted switch which I believe will be available soon but no one here has mentioned anything other than the light mounted switch. Is a retro fit possible at and what cost?

The other problem is that I don't own a Glock or any other firearm that has rails although I've thinking about buying a Glock 22 (long before the X200a) for some time and actually shot one over the holidays.

All opinions are welcomed!

Size15's

Flashaholic
The X200A uses a totally different LED to the KL4.

The KL4 uses a 5W Luxeon.
The X200A uses a LuxeonIII.

The KL4 uses a reflector for quite a wide beam.
The X200A uses an optic for a very intense beam.

The X200A "A" Switch Plate can be easily replaced by other switch plates in the future. There are certainly other switch plates in the pipe.

If I had a handgun with a rail, I would get an X200A now.

If I was going to get a handgun with a rail, I would get the KT4 now and hopefully by the time I got the handgun there'd be more switch options for the X200.

Al

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
Al,

Thanks for the info. I didn't know that the LEDs were different.

After posting I came to the same conclusion that you did - I think I'll acquire the Glock while SF develops more switching options and I'll just have to "suffer" with the KT4 until then.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's a KT4?

What's a luxeon III and how does it differ from a 5W led?

flashlightboy, Excellent choice on the Glock. I would defenitely buy the pistol first, then acc's.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Specifically, the KT4 is the Millennium TurboHead with MN15 & MN16 Lamps to convert the M3 into M3T, the "A" into "AB" and the M96 into the M97.

Quite what the LuxeonIII is I'm not sure but it is different from the 5W Luxeon.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
the 5w luxeon is actually 4 1w luxeon dies. the luxeon III is a 1w die that happens to perform better at higher current levels.