Chop my Zebralight sc63w down for 18350

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking to pay someone to take a section of the tube out for 18350 use. Possibly 2 lights. Thank you!

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Too bad I don't think it's doable. You'd need enough material for threads. If it does work... Wow!
Why need threads? Just remove a section of the body, no?

gunga

Flashaholic
It's a 1 piece body with a tailcap. Is your idea to cut a section out and weld it together?

I thought you meant cut the body short and thread it to fit the tailcap.

light-modder

Enlightened
I think it should be doable if you cut the body then turn down the out side on one piece and open the inside of the other piece and press them together. May have to cut some me off may not I don't know. You may press the two pieces together about halfway or so then put some thermal epoxy on the other half just as an added measure to hold it together then finish pressing the two together. I don't know if this is possible with this light or not as I don't own it nor am I a machinist. Just an idea.

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a 1 piece body with a tailcap. Is your idea to cut a section out and weld it together?

I thought you meant cut the body short and thread it to fit the tailcap.
Yes. Figured if someone could weld, then no need to reinvent the tail end which is probably not possible.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm assuming it has a removeable tailcap, in which case it would be more of a solid mod to cut it and turn new threads at the tail. Or do you load the battery at the head?
I sent a Malkoff MD4 tube to Martin White and he cut it down to MD2 size with new tail threads. Shouldn't be a problem for a competent machinist.
P

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
ee40fe14c49f281a9e32c56c76154160.jpg

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it should be doable if you cut the body then turn down the out side on one piece and open the inside of the other piece and press them together. May have to cut some me off may not I don't know. You may press the two pieces together about halfway or so then put some thermal epoxy on the other half just as an added measure to hold it together then finish pressing the two together. I don't know if this is possible with this light or not as I don't own it nor am I a machinist. Just an idea.

That the best way to stay true to the design, but not sure how thick the sidewalls are to begin with... And the press fit would keep the electrical pathway...

Or if you didn't care what it looked like you could find some other tubing material, cut the light down, solder in a wire between both pieces and epoxy them into a new outer tube... Finish off with duct tape :)

light-modder

Enlightened
Or if you didn't care what it looked like you could find some other tubing material, cut the light down, solder in a wire between both pieces and epoxy them into a new outer tube... Finish off with duct tape :)

This is hilarious! It would work none the less and doesn't require expensive specialty tools.