Skilhunt H02C failed, does not work at all

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
About a month ago I saw a cool banner ad here at CPF showing the Skilhunt H02C RGB LED headlamp. I could not resist, so I placed the order at their website. It arrived quickly. I've had it for about 2 weeks, given it very little use. I EDC'd it less than 5 times. today when I checked it before going out it was not working. I changed the cell, still no power. I then took a cell from another 18650 light that does work and checked that cell in the H02C and still no light.:sigh: I sent Skilhunt an email about this. I hope they can help.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
UPDATE: Shortly after contacting Skilhunt they replied, and asked that I make sure the head/ tail cap were tight. Of course I had checked that and rechecked it again to no avail. Skilhunt asked that I return the defective light for 'repair', so it departs for China this afternoon. I hope they get the repair fixed as rapidly as they processed my initial order.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
$16.75 later (I paid the cost of postage) the light is on the way back to China to be repaired or replaced. It should take a while to arrive, then the repair, then mailed back to me here in the USA. Had I suggested this light to an associate or client I would feel awful about a failure. There really is a reason to stick with tried and true products sometimes. Skilhunt impressed me with their product offerings and website. Frankly I am disappointed about the light failing after less then 2 weeks ownership. BTW The extra $20 in postage was more than modest savings of $5 -$10 buying it direct from Skilhunt in China near the factory. It kind of adds insult to injury to pay for a 'quality ' light then PAY AGAIN MORE $$$ to pay for shipping back to the factory in China.

Last edited:

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sorry.
I really like Zebralight.
I have no idea how their customer service/warranty works.
It might be terrible, all the lights I've ordered from them work brilliantly.

Last edited:

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sorry.
I really like Zebralight.
I have no idea how their customer service/warranty works.
It might be terrible, all the lights I've ordered from them work brilliantly.
A couple years ago I on the phone spoke with "one of the top marketing/product development executives" for Z-Light. He was very cordial, knowledgable and sincere in his belief in the company and it's policies. IF there ever was a problem (most unlikely given their quality standards) I see them addressing it ASAP.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok here is an update on an unfortunate situation regarding my decision to do business with a CPF advertiser:

Hello again Skilhunt,

3 weeks ago, or 21 days I paid over $16 and returned my H02C LED headlamp for replacement or repair.

Of course I was greatly disappointed when my "quality" LED light failed after less then 3 weeks, then I had to pay AN ADDITIONAL $16 to return it to Skilhunt. So far I have spent nearly $75 DOLLARS and have nothing but disappointment.

I had a favorable impression about Skilhunt as a "new " manufacturer of LED lights based on your banner advertisements at CANDLEPOWERFORUMS.com. Based on the fact that I have spent a considerable amount of money and have nothing but an regrettable experience, I question my decision to become a Skilhunt customer.

Please refund my money or please send me a light that works.

candlepowerforums member 'tsask'

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
UPDATE:
I just got this message from Skilhunt this morning:

Hello, The parcel just received today. Will repair it and send it back to you today.

Best Regards

SKILHUNT Service

THANK YOU SKILHUNT !!:twothumbs Well done! They honored their warranty and communicated with me through the process.
I am looking forward to getting the light back on my belt!

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is an update, the light is nowhere to be found in north america on the tracking number provided.

This is the unfortunate outcome of the current situation:

Hello

it has been over TWO months since my apparent ill advised decision to buy that Skilhunt LED light. It failed. I paid to return it to PRC. I checked tracking and it apparently is nowhere to be found. I WILL post this BAD EXPERIENCE at Candlepowerforums and hope the administrators chose to reject any more of your advertisements.

I regret the decision to believe in the Skilhunt banner as I saw here at CPF.
I am disputing this transaction and seeking refund asap.

gunga

Flashaholic
Wow. That's terrible news. Ugh. I had a skilhunt h15 for a bit. It was fine but I only had it a short while. Hope your situation resolves itself.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks! rock on up in BC, Go Lions (CFL):)
I am surprised about it as well. I remember when "O-Light" was an unknown entity. Now they are mainstream top notch quality. I was figuring the same about Skilhunt, apparently not.

Skilhunt

Newly Enlightened
2016-4-5, The parcel arrived our office. We repair light at the same day and send it to our forwarder, 2016-4-6, our forwarder shipped it by Post. Post web show that your light was exported at 2016-4-13. I hope you will receive your light soon. Thanks for your understanding.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Reading through this, It seems as though you may be sorta judging Skillhunt harshly for possible shipping expenses & issues. In other words, Skillhunt honored their word of fixing or replacing, but if the post damages or misplaces the parcel, it really isn't their fault. If you choose to do business with a company in China and you are located 1000s of miles away, you have to be aware that shipping headaches could come in to play should your device need servicing.
Yes I do agree, a new light shouldn't fail so soon. But things can and do happen. From some of my experiences with some companies, I would be happy they responded so quickly and worked to resolve the issue. Anyways, I hope it works out well in the end.
Good luck.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes I agree that being reasonable is fair. I do also understand that China is about a twelve hour time difference from the East Coast of the USA. Skilhunt has since replied to my message(s) last night and that is appreciated. I would conclude that Skilhunt did receive my light and they did repair it promptly and place it in the mail.
The concern or problem is that it only took ten days for the light to originally arrive here, so therefore after I paid $16 to return the light (should/ could a postage paid mailing label have been provided by Skilhunt?) why has the return postage taken more than twice as long? and since this has taken longer why has the parcel not shown up as even entering the usa west coast en route here?

The exchange could have been done differently. A repair. while an ethical practice, as opposed to a replacement of a recently purchased new light, can take longer than a replacement. In this case however since the light was fixed/ returned the same day the replacement or exchange would not have quickened the process.

it has been two months since I began the quest to own, use and enjoy the light, and it has been ONE month since I returned it to China for repair. I do think that the same attention to replacing the light with prompt postage as was done on the initial order would have made the situation, while unfortunate ( I paid for a light then paid $16 again to return it due to a defect caused by no fault of my own) a little less unpleasant.

I must respect Skilhunt for their apparent concern for their position and for how they are viewed here at CPF. They apparently do care about this forum and it's members.The fact that they do care about their reputation here is praiseworthy and appreciated. When the light arrives here at the post office I will gladly post that and cheerfully assure all remittances are properly made to the seller.lovecpf

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Skilhunt

After checking Chinapost and the USPS, there is no indication about the package here or in China.

Mailed on April 4, it is now April 26, that is 22 days later and still no sign of the package.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's here! YEA!!!!

The light has arrived and was repaired. :twothumbs

Skilhunt stayed in contact with me and replied to all of my messages.

I am most appreciative of their efforts to help me

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is my most recent email to Skilhunt today:

Hello

in any language, please let me say THANK YOU

感谢您

The light is here.

根据就在这里

Thanks again!!!

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
UPDATE MAY 11 2016
The light is currently ON about 18 hours a day, illuminating some artwork on a wall. It works GREAT! I am happy about this purchase and have increased respect for Skilhunt .