ArmyTek        
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FS: 5,000+ lumen Dropin for Maglite.

Default Re: FS: 5,000+ lumen Dropin for Maglite.

Do you guys think these are suitable for powering the 5000 Lumen 6D Maglite?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/BATTERY-NI-...mh+3000+d+cell

They are probably the best known battery brand here in the UK.

Hi Mick,

You could use those, but alkaline are a very expensive way to power a light like this. They also can't drive the bulb to full power because they sag too much under a load. I suggest using NIMH rechargeable cells. I use Tenergy centura.
    In Him (Jesus Christ) was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
    FS: Everyday Carry Lights Upgrades for Maglite.

Hi Vesture, I'm pretty sure those duracells are NIMH - or am I being mental?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vestureofblood View Post
    Hi Mick,

You could use those, but alkaline are a very expensive way to power a light like this. They also can't drive the bulb to full power because they sag too much under a load. I suggest using NIMH rechargeable cells. I use Tenergy centura.

Quote Originally Posted by micklumen View Post
    Hi Vesture, I'm pretty sure those duracells are NIMH - or am I being mental?

thanks
    No, it was me being mental. I apologize. Those D cells could work. Just be aware that they are proby a "dummy" shell with a smaller AA sized cell cased in the center. The capacity of only 3000ma would indicate that is likely the case (typical D nimh cells are 8,000ma capacity). How well they would carry the load is uncertain. Duracell makes a good AA cell. The prechared AA with a white ring on the top that are made in Japan are A++ grade. They also package a cell that is not great in the same wrapper, black ring on the top made in China. Whats in the center of that, who knows?

I know you guys really get burned on import taxes in EU so I see why you want to find cells there. I must say after search ebay and amazon EU it's a very shallow battery pool. If you can manage a set of the Tengergy precharged cells you wont be sorry though.
    In Him (Jesus Christ) was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
    FS: Everyday Carry Lights Upgrades for Maglite.

Quote Originally Posted by vestureofblood View Post
    I know you guys really get burned on import taxes in EU so I see why you want to find cells there. I must say after search ebay and amazon EU it's a very shallow battery pool. If you can manage a set of the Tengergy precharged cells you wont be sorry though.
    I hear you, but I am spending a lot on hosts and bulb upgrades so I don't want to shirk on the battery. If you are recommending Tenergy NIMH D-cells then that's what I'll try and get. Even if it means ordering from the USA.

I'm going to be running the XHP-50 drop in on 6 Tenergy Centura NIMH cells. Any idea of the runtime on high?

Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12