can you please recommend me a good light for my mother ??

jasonsc95

Newly Enlightened
Hey everyone !!
My mother is a real estate agent, and in the summer she shows a lot of foreclosed homes with no power at night with sometimes strangers.
I would like to get her a good flashlight, preferably AA or rechargeable 18650, at least 500 lumens, decent throw but also floody enough to light up a room, best of both worlds i guess. I showed her my thrunite tc12 , she absolutely loves it but i was wondering if you guys have any better suggestions ? simple to use and a strobe feature would be nice too.. just incase she needs it. She has been using her iPhone light and pretty much anything would be better lol !!

Thank you guys all so much for your time !!!

ven

Flashaholic
Lots of light options,for now i will throw having a neutral tint ......................for better colour rendition and easier on the eye over very cool whites. Maybe even towards 4000k for a warmer type of light..............for that warm/cosy feeling!

jasonsc95

Newly Enlightened
Lots of light options,for now i will throw having a neutral tint ......................for better colour rendition and easier on the eye over very cool whites. Maybe even towards 4000k for a warmer type of light..............for that warm/cosy feeling!

i just ordered a zebra light sc600w mk III neutral tint 4500k , ill see if she likes it , or if i like it more than my tc12 i might just give her it :naughty: lol

ven

Flashaholic
Awesome choice!!! compact and nice choice in tint! Sure she will be made up.................(i think the tc12 may be going to mum!)

Parrot Quack

Flashlight Enthusiast
If she wants a pocket light, then a soon to be released, Nitecore MH20GT. If she wants a more powerful light she can show a properties backyard as well as the interior of of a home and it's roof, then a Nitecore EC4S. Very nice smooth, floody beam.

Another nice light that can be used in a tactical situation and is car rechargeable, I recommend a Nitecore MH40GT. For protection, on her belt, I would suggest she carry a can of bear spray.

Last edited:

jasonsc95

Newly Enlightened
Awesome choice!!! compact and nice choice in tint! Sure she will be made up.................(i think the tc12 may be going to mum!)

LOL im afraid so as well !! I'm kinda of excited to see it for sure. Ive never seen or owned a zebra light and its kind of hard to find reviews on them, but i did find one from selfbuilt on it that pretty much sold me on it. Just in case the zebra light goes in my pocket, i ordered her a fenix e12 to keep in her purse just in case she forgets them at her house. They seem like a sweet little torch , and for only $25 !!

jasonsc95

Newly Enlightened
If she wants a pocket light, then a soon to be released, Nitecore MH20GT. If she wants a more powerful light she can show a properties backyard as well as the interior of of a home and it's roof, then a Nitecore EC4S. Very nice smooth, floody beam.

Another nice light that can be used in a tactical situation and is car rechargeable, I recommend a Nitecore MH40GT. For protection, on her belt, I would suggest she carry a can of bear spray.

I'm going to check out that light right now !! thanks for the suggestion, everything helps ! Ive got her a little can of pepper spray that looks like a lipstick container.. kinda lol. Ive tried getting her to conceal carry so many times , but i can't even talk her into even going to the range with me, she is so scared of firearms.

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you still are interested in AA models, you might check out the ThruNite TN4A Neutral White. For indoor use, I would avoid the ThruNite TN4A (XP-L HI). I think you will do better with one of the less throwy versions.

In case 4xAA is too big for your mother, you might also look at the the 2xAA ThruNite Archer 2A 3V Neutral White.

By the time you get down to 1xAA, there are a wealth of options. I would be tempted to try the ZebraLight SC5Fd.

I also like the Nitecore EC4SW, a 2x18650 flashlight that is very similar to the Nitecore EC4S that was recommended by Parrot Quack.

Embarrassing disclaimer: Although these are models I would not mind owning, at present, I do not have any of these lights! My recommendations are based on my reading here at CPF. I do own other models by ZebraLight and Nitecore.

Last edited:

Poppy

Flashaholic
Hopefully there are other security measures she has taken before entering vacant houses with strangers, such as having the buyers pre-qualified, with photo IDs on file, and a "find me" app on her phone.

I think that the ONLY light that I have that has instant access to a strobe is an 18650 that is old tech... an XML sold by Jetbeam made by Niteye.
The Niteye MSC20
IIRC its about 600 lumens XML with a rotary magnetic tail switch.
One click to the left... strobe.
one click to the right ramping programmable low idk 10-400 lumens,
two clicks to the right HIGH (I think 600 lumens)

It has a fairly floody beam, but enough throw to reach 150 feet ok.
The tail cap has a built in battery checker that blinks red or green when you turn it off, to give battery status.
I thought it was cool when I bought it, but I have never used it.
I just top it off after any amount of use, like I do my other lights.

Whatever it is, I imagine that your mom will get one of your lights, and you will be looking for a replacement :) because you are going to want to keep them both.

LetThereBeLight!

Enlightened
Eagletac D25A2And a smaller backup light: either the Tool VN or D25CAnd this presumes she has the Nitecore Tube on her keychain!

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
If she's showing houses with no power, that's serious, professional use... and money making, and a tax write off, so there's no reason to skimp.
18650 charger, 2 or more sets of batteries, and a serious light with 1000-2000 lumens max for an honest hour or so. -200$ easy.
Additionally she should have a powerful but simple, durable and foolproof second light to lend to her client as a courteousy.
Her light can stay pointed at the ceiling during the showing to light up the rooms, while the client can direct their light at whatever they're interested in.
Maybe a cheap, durable, double or single mode 18650 thrower for the loaner?
Keep the battery charging simple.

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
Or for cheap just pick up a couple of the newer 2AA Rayovac Indestructible lights at Home Despot for 30-40$ -for two of them.