Recommend light to attach to olympus camera

MadHusband

Newly Enlightened
First let me begin by saying I love that there is a spot on the internet that is dedicated solely to flashlights and people all over the world has come together to share the knowledge and enthusiasm on the subject.

This is what I am looking for and am needing some help with, basically going to start doing home inspections and will be in areas at time with low or maybe no light. With me I will always have a olympus camera which is basically like this one, http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-YjpSbtYEU...I8/j7nBBNEuSC8/s1600/camera+part+overview.JPG , on this camera I have tripod screw in spot and a hot shoe spot.

What I am looking for on suggestions is flashlight that meets the following requirements.

I can carry in my pocket

Possibly has a built in pocket clip

Costs somewhere around $50-$60 bucks, I might eventually end up purchasing four of them so has to stay in this price range.

Does not have to be ultra small, aka size of a single AA battery, but does need to be smallish as that it will randomly be attached to the camera, see below for more info on this.

I believe I would be more interested in a light that can cast a wide angle of view verses an ultra tight light. I say this because imagine you are shooting a wall in a dark basement that has a lot of cracks in it, I want to be able to capture as much of the wall in a single shot as possible, so I need as much of the wall lite up as possible.

Also looking for a specific link to something that I could attach the light to the camera either by the tripod screw in on the bottom or via the hot shoe on the top, also don't want it to really be something that scratches up the flashlight.

Finally if anybody has any other general suggestions feel free. Also the camera itself will always be around my neck on a lanyard and I want the flash light to be something I carry around on me and only randomly attach somehow to the camera.

Parrot Quack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't attach the light to the camera. Use a tailstanding Nitecore EC4S and the camera's built in flash. A small tripod to hold the light will help with the light's placement.

Chaitanya

Banned
I personally use AAA lights in hand that supports the lens to get some illumination on subject. There are a great AAA lights now a days from like of Eagletac and Fenix which are small and light. Unlike the larger lights they don't cause too much fatigue in hands.

MadHusband

Newly Enlightened
Any specific models from Ealetac or Fenix to look at? I guess something with more of a flood effect that costs around $50-$60.

Parrot Quack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like camera gear, you have good gear, cheap gear and free choice.

The EC4S has a sweet, floody beam and can be used as either a prime studio light or reflected off the ceiling.

Chaitanya

Banned
Any specific models from Ealetac or Fenix to look at? I guess something with more of a flood effect that costs around $50-$60.
Eagletac D25AAA is a good light, from Fenix E05 or LD01. If you have someone else to hold light then EC4S/SW is a great choice. But outdoors alone these small AAA lights are perfect as they light and come in quite cheap.