The Man, The Myth, The legend.... Wayne! Who is he? What is he? Find out here!

crashunit007

Newly Enlightened
Ok, so first off those who came from the TM16GTvn - TK75vnQ Contender thread, welcome. And for those of you who are joining us for the first time, maybe you have heard of the name Wayne a few times in this forum or have yet to come across his name. But one thing that has always been A mystery, to old and new members alike, is if he is really real or an alias for someone else...

So if any one here has ever heard a story about him, talk, seen, or even have a blurry picture of him in the woods, please share it here so we can find out the truth about the inigma that is Wayne.

Here are a few excerpts from the thread that started this:

So anyways, I guess lets discuss what everyone wants to know. Can someone please tell the rest of us about what you have gathered or heard about Wayne? Has anyone met him or talk to him? Or better yet have his picture?

i think he's either Vinh's brother or Vinh's alter ego. And my other theory is that hes a clone of Vinh that only comes out when Vinh goes to bed, I mean Vinh never ever sleeps! He's always around or doing something, and that's not humanly possible, so when Vinh goes to bed "Wayne" takes over and posts and does everything Vinh does. They even sound the same, right?

He is a dead ringer of vinh...............i am saying no more:p

I'm going with that theory until proven otherwise! Never seen together, and they type in the same font.

It's all obvious now! :D

Wayne is the one that wears the Cape.

batmobile.png

Lol nice photoshop! Vinh is a lot like batman huh? Always up late, testing, building or modding flashlights, and always pushing the limits of throwers more everyday... But why? What could he want to do with all that throw... It's like he's trying to make a beam of light (maybe to project a symbol or something?) that could hit the sky and be seen for miles. And he drives pretty much a red bat mobile, just to throw off suspicion obviously. But what really gives it away is that he likes to take on joy rides when he needs to clear his head... Just what is doing or where is he going to let off a little steam? Maybe to fight crime and temporarily blind criminals in real world tourture testing with his array of newly built flashlights? So yes I think Vinh is leading a double life, but he's not batman like you think. He's the more charming & out going philanthropist Bruce, while Wayne is the real Batman always lurking in the shadows, never seen and rarely heard (which is just Vinh doing a deeper batman voice), but always around.

So, yeah, actually this is pretty interesting stuff and it's about time we nip this myth, folklore, legend or just silly story in the butt. And this deserves its own Thread so please join me as I make a new thread devoted to man, the myth, the legend.... Wayne.

Last edited:

crashunit007

Newly Enlightened
Wayne is the brains behind Skylumen and Vinh provides all the manpower.

See I heard this and other variations of this as well, like Vinh does all the advertising, sales, and customer support. While Wayne does all the modding, testing, builds, and troubleshooting. Which even with two people doing seperate jobs, that still seems to be way too much work for two people to do considering how many orders they get a month ( a few hundred if I am not mistaken, but plz correct me if I am), not including R&D for future releases, random customer lights sent in to be modified, special projects, and dealing with returns and warranty repairs.

But even this explanation is hard to prove since, we never see or hear Wayne really... (when we do in vids, you never see his face, he sounds and talks a lot like Vinh, and you never see them together! It's either just Vinh, or just Wayne. They can be one person for all we know, which makes what Vinh does even more rediculous! I mean have you notice the guy ever sleep?

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always notice Wayne shows up when Vinh is under pressure. You know, when he can't squeeze 20,000 lumens out of a flashlight & emitters are frying & components are superglued at the factory, etc. As Vinh's frustration mounts, Wayne emerges....
f8974343e8576aca2f7ac40bf0706f24.jpg

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wayne was born when someone misheard and/or mispronounced "Vinh."
Isn't there a relatively new member with the screenname, VNguyen. Wonder if he's Vinh as well.
Anyways, end of story.
Go back to worshipping the one man and his lights.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vinh Nguyen is a very very popular name. All I am saying is I once arm wrestled Wayne over the rights to a P60 drop in. I'm having elbow surgery later this month.

jonnyfgroove

Enlightened
I always notice Wayne shows up when Vinh is under pressure. You know, when he can't squeeze 20,000 lumens out of a flashlight & emitters are frying & components are superglued at the factory, etc. As Vinh's frustration mounts, Wayne emerges....
f8974343e8576aca2f7ac40bf0706f24.jpg

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

Whoever owns the most VN lights should have the rights to use that pic as their avatar.

VNguyen

Enlightened
Isn't there a relatively new member with the screenname, VNguyen. Wonder if he's Vinh as well.
Anyways, end of story.

I might just be WAYNE!!! Lol. At work most people call u by your last name. I'm guessing since mine is Nguyen, some people thinks it's pronounce Wayne? But yes my name is also vinh. It's a common name as in joe.

MaxBeam

Enlightened
Thanks for all of you who actually read all that, since when I finished and posted that, I really didn't think it was going to be so long! But I already posted it and thought no ones going to read all that anyways, so who cares, but I guess I was wrong. I usually never post something this long, and in fact I think it's my longest post ever. Luckily this time it was a good post, but Im just amazed what happens when you have a day off, a lot of free time, and a tablet of adderall...

So anyways, I guess lets discuss what everyone wants to know. Can someone please tell the rest of us about what you have gathered or heard about Wayne? Has anyone met him or talk to him? Or better yet have his picture?

i think he's either Vinh's brother or Vinh's alter ego. And my other theory is that hes a clone of Vinh that only comes out when Vinh goes to bed, I mean Vinh never ever sleeps! He's always around or doing something, and that's not humanly possible, so when Vinh goes to bed "Wayne" takes over and posts and does everything Vinh does. They even sound the same, right?

Wayne is Vinh's "go-to" guy, his right hand man. Vinh even takes him along on vacations. . . I've seen pictures of Wayne - his resemblance to Vinh is extraordinary!

crashunit007

Newly Enlightened
Wayne is Vinh's "go-to" guy, his right hand man. Vinh even takes him along on vacations. . . I've seen pictures of Wayne - his resemblance to Vinh is extraordinary!

I always figured they were so related or brothers, but from the videos I see and hear from wayne, and now from what you just said, I'm pretty sure they are actually twins or at the very least siblings very close in age and everything else as well.

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyways, end of story.

Oh yeee of little faith (or sense of humor?) :)

Not all of us are monotheistic here and BOTH Vinh AND Wayne are treated as demigods at the very least in these parts - we beg for some cultural sensitivity.

I heard Wayne's a better shot too but Vinh has quicker lap times in the 'Vette.