I never knew this existed until now

RoBeacon

Enlightened
This idea of geocaching is very new to me but now I'm super stoked. I can't wait to go on a nighttime adventure! I'm trying to find some good apps for this.

Last edited:

PapaLumen

Enlightened
Hah, I had a quick look on a geocache website for any near me a while back and there were 4 or 5 within 1/2 mile of my house! I went and looked for one and found it after a while, cunningly hidden in a little hole in the ground with a stone over it. Not sure about apps or where you are located.

RoBeacon

Enlightened
I found an app for Geocaching.com but to find any cool caches where you can trade items you have to subscribe. I was hoping for a small trial period.

nbp

Flashaholic
I think the Geocaching app is like like $10 (or was when I bought it) but it was definitely worth it. Otherwise, you can always just print some caches off of the Geocaching.com site and go hunt them with your GPS!

coon

Newly Enlightened
i've also very recently looked closer at the whole geocaching-idea and want to try it out, i never was geocaching but it sounds very interesting and funny as an motivation to "go out into the nature and move your body" ;o)

i hope i can find ones with my smartphone-gps because i cant really afford an 250€ gps at the moment, i have other plans with that money xD *looking at my lighting-shopping-list* xD

nbp

Flashaholic
Unless you're going WAYYYYY out in the woods where there is no cell phone signal, your phone should work just fine. :)

Abracastabya

Newly Enlightened
This idea of geocaching is very new to me but now I'm super stoked. I can't wait to go on a nighttime adventure! I'm trying to find some good apps for this.

Welcome to the caching club! I felt the same when I found out about it. Couldn't believe there were so many of them so close to me.