Blazer Protected 3500mAh NCR18650GA

stephenk

Enlightened
I currently evaluating options for 18650 and 26650 purchases, and have looked at well regarded Aussie eBay retailer supersport600's who sells protected cells under Blazar branding.

I'm interested to know if anyone has used the Blazar protected 3500mAh Sanyo NCR18650GA batteries that he sells?
There are claims by the seller that the protection circuit makes minimal impact to the performance (there is a curve shown for 5A in the product information). Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks for any information.

Devon

Newly Enlightened
I currently evaluating options for 18650 and 26650 purchases, and have looked at well regarded Aussie eBay retailer supersport600's who sells protected cells under Blazar branding.

I'm interested to know if anyone has used the Blazar protected 3500mAh Sanyo NCR18650GA batteries that he sells?
There are claims by the seller that the protection circuit makes minimal impact to the performance (there is a curve shown for 5A in the product information). Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks for any information.

I have bought from this Ebayer before....I bought the ncr18650ga and quite a few, unprotected.

No problems and genuine product.

I don't use protected cells for anything so can't comment on them.

Edit....unprotected 10A continuous is fine.

Devon

Newly Enlightened
HJK has just tested and reviewed the Sanyo NCR18650GA in this forum tO'Day.

It is the best battery of its type available...

You can get them for AU$10/each here in Australia, which beats the $30 some people charge to put extra wrapping and a $1 protection circuit on them, and half the time you can't tell what cell is being used.

oKtosiTe

Enlightened
HJK has just tested and reviewed the Sanyo NCR18650GA in this forum tO'Day.

It is the best battery of its type available...

You can get them for AU$10/each here in Australia, which beats the $30 some people charge to put extra wrapping and a $1 protection circuit on them, and half the time you can't tell what cell is being used.

*HKJ :p (It's not the same order as the letters on your keyboard.)

In some cases people need the extra length that a protection circuit adds. On the other hand, we're also seen instances where the "protection circuit" was nothing more than just an unprinted PCB or even just a metal disc, so I think the question has merit to that effect.
Are brand-name 18650's hard to come by in Australia? I always assumed its vicinity to SEA would make that unlikely.

Last edited:

Devon

Newly Enlightened
*HKJ :p (It's not the same order as the letters on your keyboard.)

In some cases people need the extra length that a protection circuit adds. On the other hand, we're also seen instances where the "protection circuit" was nothing more than just an unprinted PCB or even just a metal disc, so I think the question has merit to that effect.
Are brand-name 18650's hard to come by in Australia? I always assumed its vicinity to SEA would make that unlikely.

Brand names are easy to find but the cost is high in this country.....eg. Olight 18650 3600mAh $35, 3400mAh $25, Fenix ARB L18 3500 $35, Fenix 3400 $31, EagleTac 3400 $29

Why spend 3 times as much as a genuine NCR18650GA?

oKtosiTe

Enlightened
Brand names are easy to find but the cost is high in this country.....eg. Olight 18650 3600mAh $35, 3400mAh $25, Fenix ARB L18 3500 $35, Fenix 3400 $31, EagleTac 3400 $29

Why spend 3 times as much as a genuine NCR18650GA?

Wow. That's... just... wow.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Holy cannoli!!! I am unaware of US retailers for Blazer cells so am unaware of their record or reputation. I have plenty of Keeppower and Orbtronic protected GA's and they are stellar. Have only one unprotected GA and it is also stellar. Use the unprotected GA in my ZL MkIII HI as only unprotected cells will fit it. I would say just get the unprotected Sanyo GA but what light will it be going into? Does it have the necessary protections built into it already like overdischarge protection etc.? Wow...$35 for a protected 3400mah cell...yikes...

stephenk

Enlightened
Holy cannoli!!! I am unaware of US retailers for Blazer cells so am unaware of their record or reputation. I have plenty of Keeppower and Orbtronic protected GA's and they are stellar. Have only one unprotected GA and it is also stellar. Use the unprotected GA in my ZL MkIII HI as only unprotected cells will fit it. I would say just get the unprotected Sanyo GA but what light will it be going into? Does it have the necessary protections built into it already like overdischarge protection etc.? Wow...$35 for a protected 3400mah cell...yikes...
It looks like Blazer is the own brand of this particular eBay seller which is why it is only known on the Aussie market. I would assume that the company outsourced to wrap and protect these cells also does the same for other companies.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
OP I checked out ebay Australia. If the seller you are looking at is supersports600 then these cells look legit. 100 percent rated seller so you should be good. Couldnt help but notice the incredible amount of fake NCR18650B green unprotected Pannies though wow! Read through the entire description for the Blazers. Core cell made in Japan, PC's made in Japan then sent to China to be put together and wrapped just like the other major label re wrappers like Keeppower. Liked the tech specs listed for the protection circuits you should be okay with this seller. Good luck...

stephenk

Enlightened
Thanks for the comments. I decided to purchased a couple of the Blazer protected button top (67.3mm long) NCR18650GAs. Not currently confident to purchase unprotected 18650s yet - maybe in the future.