X5T-HA , how do you like it? & finish on std. X5T?

pilot4x4

Enlightened
For those of you that purchased the X5T-HAs, how do you like them? Do they seem to be slightly dimmer than the standard X5Ts? I was told the regular X5T-HAs had a HA finish too but I guess they don't. How does the finish hold up on the regular lights? John

Prolepsis

Enlightened
Hi pilot4x4:

Don't have an X5-HA, so I can only answer the second part of your question.

I have two X5T standards: a black and a silver one. I have noticed that bits of the black have started to chip off, even though I rarely use this light (I don't EDC either of them). The silver one looks ok so far.

Having said that, I also have a silver X1, and in the process of trying to attach a keychain ring to the lanyard hole, I scratched up a portion of the tail cap. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif My ARCs and SureFires seem to have a much harder type III finish. I don't know if the X5s are type III or not though.

westfork

Newly Enlightened
I compared the beam of the regular X5T and the HA version - couldn't tell a difference. Th HA finish is very good looking but haven't abused it yet to check durability.

chumley

Enlightened
Re: X5T-HA , how do you like it? & finish on std. X5T?

I recently got my X5T -HA and I was impressed with the quality. The HA looks a lot better than the standard version finish, and it appears to be very durable. I wasn't that interested in the X5T until CountyComm got the HA versions.

Threepio

Newly Enlightened
Re: X5T-HA , how do you like it? &; finish on std. X5T?

I'm very happy with my X5T-HA, the finish looks good and has yet to show any scratches. I know that the black bezel has to cause a little light loss, but comparing it side-to-side with a regular white X5T, I can't tell the difference.
--Bob