Just a few quick beam shots featuring the Zebralight SC600 MKIII HI

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Today I received my new prize - a Zebralight SC600 MKIII HI. I can't wait for the early morning walk to really try it out, but tonight shortly after sunset I thought a short beam shot comparison might be fun.

I am the flashlight writer for TheFirearmBlog.com and recently received a Cyclops CYC-300WP rechargeable hand held spotlight for review - less than $40 at Amazon and other places, and thought I'd include it for fun (and for comparative beam shots for TFB.com)

Here are the players, left to right - the Cyclops, Armytek C2 Prime Warm XP-L, then Zebralights SC62w (old faithful), SC63w and the new SC600 MKIII HI

Now the beam shots - first the Cyclops

Armytek (not too shabby - wish the interface would work correctly!)

Zebralight SC62w

Zebralight SC63w

And finally, the Zebralight SC600 MKIII HI

And a quick animation of all 5 beam shots

I've taken many a daylight shot of that shed - didn't get a new one today, but here's an old one of it (really old - almost 2 years ago right after my new sod was put in)

I'm liking the new Zebralight - but liking all my Zebralights! (All 8 :eek:)

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
The SC63w looks like it would be a really good room lighter. Very bright with lots of flood.

scout24

Flashaholic
:bow: Thank you for those, Dan. Looks like I can comfortably be happy with my sc62w, pass on the 63, and apparently I NEED to order the MK III Hi. :buddies:

TCY

Enlightened
Great beam shots, thanks.

Now I want one of those MKIII HIs.

ven

Flashaholic
Awesome pics, thanks for sharing..............the actual beam from the pics that does it most for me is actually the armytek, what a stunning beam/tint!!

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
:bow: Thank you for those, Dan. Looks like I can comfortably be happy with my sc62w, pass on the 63, and apparently I NEED to order the MK III Hi. :buddies:

Thanks, all. Shots would have been better had I been a bit more consistent with my aim, but it was just meant to be a quick comparo. I concur with Greg. Out of my "pile" of Zebralights:
Clockwise, starting top left:
H31, H502d, H32w, SC600MKIII HI, SC63w, SC62w, SC32w, SC52w, SC52
(Yup, you counted correctly - that's 9 of them :ohgeez:)

As I was saying, out of my pile, it would be difficult for me to part with any of them. They all seem to fit a need. If forced to part with at least a 'few' of them, the SC52, SC63w and H31 would probably be the only 3. They all have a use! I won't bore you with those uses, but they all have a definite use in my home.

The H32w is the bomb for my early morning runs. I was using the old H31 (acquired exactly 5 years ago) but the extra oomph from the H32w plus its wider spot makes it more desirable. Thought about getting one of the 18650 form headlamps, but plenty of run time and output from the H32w with reduced weight and a simpler head band. But, all these comments are for another thread so I'll stop.

But in another thread CelticCross74 states about the SC600 MKIII HI; "Buy It!!" and I have to agree. REALLY enjoyed the little bit of extra reach on the dog walk this morning. Truly a pocket thrower

tops2

Enlightened
Nice collection!

I still need to pick up a headlamp from them and a 18650 flashlight. Interesting comment about your preference for the headlamp. I somehow only wanted AA for headlamps before vs 18650...but now I may consider the other versions.

Last edited:

recDNA

Flashaholic
At the distance to that shed the HI model is perfect. Fact is I seldom need to see more than that.

markr6

Flashaholic
Loving the HI!! So much I want to buy a second...but that would be a waste. I certainly don't need two. I just think it's perfect and I'm totally passing on the standard SC600 III. I find the HI isn't SO throwy that that's all you use it for.

Streak

Enlightened
Run4jc thanks for a great comparative post.
I EDC the original SC52 and figure it's time to upgrade to 18650.

The MKIII HI is really tempting but I must have a decent fixed pocket clip like the one on 52 that I have got so used to. I guess that means settling on the SC63. While heat may be an issue on high I usually use high for only short bursts. I have other lights more suited to longer runtime on high.

Your beam shots have really helped with my pending decision.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice! Looking at the garbage can on the right of the shed...looks like it shows up poorly in two of the photo animation comparisons. Thanks for the pic's. Will help me with my decision.

motohooligan

Newly Enlightened
Makes me want to get back into the Zebralight game. My last Zebralight was an H51w from 2010! I have several others and they are all still going strong!