Help with Surefire L6 brightness

Newly Enlightened
I have searched all over the CPF and can't find the real deal specs on the Surefire L6.

What is its brightness in lumens?

I'm trying to decide between the Surefire L5, L6, and the Streamlight TL3-LED.

Thanks.

leng

Newly Enlightened
The L5 and L6 have the same specs, 65 lumens. The difference is the size of the bezzel and the # of batteries, ie. run time.

Clifton Arnold

Newly Enlightened
Get the L5 I belive it has the most bang for the buck. I own an L4, L5, and the L6. I aslo own the Streamlight TL-3
The surefire is regulated and the tl-3 is not. The L6 has more throw but the L5 has better EDC ability. and a good hot spot with a lot of spill light. I think it is best called a medium ranged light. Oh heck be like the rest of us
buy them all.

T

TACTICAL WAREHOUSE

To my knowledge, SureFire has not yet released the official specs for the L5 and L6. However, it appears they borrowed some data from the L4 for the current instruction manual. I was told they would release specs soon, but they were waiting for a reasonable number for lumen ratings that was fair and accurate, since LEDs are not all alike.

If I had to guess, I would say my L5 is about 90 - 95 lumens, but my eyes may be playing tricks on me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dan

Kiu

Enlightened
TL3-led will throw more than L4.
But I have no idea when TL-3 compare to L5. (Someone may tell us)
You just need to think "is it nessecary to carry a bigger one to gain more throw IN your application?" L5/L6

The exact lumens/colour may varies from different bin code of 5watters

Latest posts