Gerber/Emerson Alliance knife!!!

Archvile

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone handled one of these automatic knives? I've seen countless ads for them. I'd like to know the quality of the knife(blade play, edge, etc...). THANKS

RebelRAM

Enlightened
I haven't physically touched one but I have heard from a few people that have. Their review of it was usually "pretty good" or something along those lines. In other words, I got the impression that it was a good knife but didn't WOW! them enough. Of course these guys are certified knife nuts, so it takes quite a bit to impress them.

For the money, I'd probably just go ahead and get an actual Emerson instead.

I have played with a several Emersons, but they haven't impressed me enough to buy one yet. My boss has a Commander and I can't tell that I like it much more than my CRKTs. So I just can't justify spending that much more on an Emerson yet. I think if anything MOD knives have caught my attention more than Emersons.

--Jason

Archvile

Newly Enlightened
Great, thanks for the info. I agree the MOD knives are pretty interesting. I especially like the CQD Mark 1 and 2 auto versions. And the new OTF Triton due this year.

RebelRAM

Enlightened
The CQD Mark I is definitely the one I want. But it's one of those toys that is pretty much going to stay on my wish list for awhile. Or if I do get it anytime soon, my wife is going to want something expensive for her as well.

--Jason