The tail cap LEGO thread

bykfixer

Flashaholic
This was inspired by Woods Walker who asked if there is a 2 level tail cap that'll fasten to a Malkoff MD2 (and I suppose he means make it light).

We all know SureFire tail caps fit various SureFire lights. But did you know a Z72 twisty (G2 tailcap) will light a Malkoff MD2? Yep.

Or an MD2 tailcap lights a Pelican M6?

The point of this thread would be to inform folks who've wondered about which tail caps LEGO to other brands either long forgotten about or yet to be discovered.

Example is the PowerTac multi switch. Thus far I've been able to light an MD2, an Alpha and gave my Pelican M6 incan 3 levels of brightness and strobe. It hasn't lit any SureFire lights though.

Edit:
Defiant makes 2aaa lights very similar to streamlight stylus pro. Tailcaps and pocket clips interchange. So does the microstream for that matter.

Speaking of microstream. The pocket clip fits the solitaire perfect.

Please post yours as well.

Last edited:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
But how well do they work? I have had a few that were compatible by threads, but spring and battery contact were issue causing either no contact or mega battery rattle. It is a fun exercise but one must be cautious as not to crush their cell too.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Stuff I've shown so far is in use at the time they were posted.

Oh believe me, there are probably 15-20 fails for each success.

It all began while looking for an alternative tailcap for the Rayovac Indestructable.

Last edited: