Jetbeam        
Page 87 of 111 FirstFirst ... 377780818283848586878889909192939497 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,610 of 3313

Thread: HDS Systems EDC # 19

Default Re: HDS Systems EDC # 19

Quote Originally Posted by recDNA View Post
    Still 200 lumens right? The cooler color will still appear brighter to our eyes.
    Yes, still 200 lumens.

So, here are two photos of a holster I made this morning. One picture is taken at noon in the killer Arizona sun, and the other taken a few minutes ago with the High Noon out in the scorpion infested yard. Well, not really scorpion infested as I use weapons of mass destruction and chemical warfare on the little lobsters... still taste terrible, even with lots of butter.

So, now you have to guess which is which.

Oh, and yes, or no rather, there will be no more 3 O'clock High lights built. Have to find one on the used market now... which I have a feeling is going to very difficult.
    Last edited by Hogokansatsukan; 06-16-2017 at 10:29 PM.

I'm guessing the bottom pic?

Just how many of these gems are still available as of now?
    "Tint is within the eye of the beholder." - WoodsWalker

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMM View Post
    I'm guessing the bottom pic?
    There's so many variables when it comes to tint evaluation by photos in a post, especially when using a basic camera but even still with a DSLR.
    I'm inclined to agree with Robert but I think, due to the above, that it comes down to which photo looks better to which I'd say the top one making the high noon the bottom photo?

1 pic is the high noon

I also think 1st pic is the high noon.
    Pretty amazing CRI and tint.
    "Do yourself a favor, pick up an HDS Rotary and EDC it for a week.. -You can thank me later."

Yes 1st pic high noon due to more shadowing in the pic. But GREAT color rendering.

Default HDS Systems EDC # 19

As with an ugly girl in a low cut shirt, I pretend I didn't see this, LOL. I have convinced myself not to spend more $$ on flashlights just for a tiny little while. I'm sure I can live without the high noon. Or not.

Quote Originally Posted by JKolmo View Post
    As with an ugly girl in a low cut shirt, I pretend I didn't see this, LOL. I have convinced myself not to spend more $$ on flashlights just for a tiny little while. I'm sure I can live without the high noon. Or not.
    I thought I could wait a little also......ordered as soon as I saw the graph! Love my 4000 and 3 o'clock but have to see the "High Noon" in person.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogokansatsukan View Post
    So, now you have to guess which is which.
    Only your hairdresser knows for sure!

I say the 2nd pic is the "High Noon", not due to color or tint because those are remarkably close, but because the second one has a very obvious "bright spot" reflecting off of the leather, like its got a more focused light source in use. I could be wrong of course. Whichever it is, that's a really neat demonstration of how close the two are though. I'm not normally a fan of anything higher than 5000K, but this demonstration makes me want to broaden my horizons a bit

Oh, and somewhat off-topic, but here's a pic of my new(ish) SEAL-Edition Rotary with its new Overready altin-coated clip.

I'm thinking Hogo used the flood reflector in the high noon for this photo.

Flashaholic*

I say pic two as well, for similar reasons as Mark. I prefer 4000K, and I'm not even a fan of my 5000K 219B's but that makes me want it.

What can I say about it? Henry put one in his pocket and took his 325 and put it on the shelf. It makes the 325 look green in a bad way. It makes the 3 O'clock High seem "creamy." This thing is white. How much more white could it be? The answer is "no more white." My search is over. This really makes colors look like they do naturally at noon in the sun. There is no "warmth" nor is it "cool". Just pure white.
    It sounds like Henry has voted with his pocket. I'm sold. Sure glad I got in on this.This may turn out to be the shortest group buy I have participated in.
    I have a Rotary 4000 325 to compare it too. So far it has been my main go to light. I love everything about it.

Once the High Noon arrives, I will be selling my clickys, since they will only become safe queens.

Flashaholic

Default HDS Systems EDC # 19

Can anyone tell me please, does the Rotary 18650 body with flush cap tailstand well?

^ Yes, at least my do perfectly!

Quote Originally Posted by Strintguy View Post
    Can anyone tell me please, does the Rotary 18650 body with flush cap tailstand well?
    It's top-heavy, but yes. Newer ones tailstand even after being on for awhile, as the button no longer protrudes from excess pressure. You can also use 1" attachments, like diffusers, or bottle caps, to help make it a little more stable.
    Last edited by cerbie; 06-19-2017 at 07:58 AM.

I prefer the raised caps and a holster for the stand.
    Steve Bryant

There will soon be gnashing of teeth.
    There is only one High Noon left.
    So that I don't have people rush to order it, and my web store absolutely sucks at inventory. Really. Tried that before and it just can't keep count. Don't see why that would be a problem... ACK!

So, anyway, e-mail me if you want it. If you do try to buy it from the web store, I listed the price as $10,000 simply to discourage anyone from trying to purchase it there... but if you do, well hell, it's yours and I'll include a free bottle of rum and fly out and deliver it myself! Well, one can dream.

Glad I got in before the price increase. Mine just went up in value LOL
    Last edited by ironhorse; 06-19-2017 at 06:17 PM.

Flashaholic

Ordered a High Noon and the sheath a couple of weeks ago. Man, this is digging deep into my pocketbook now...wondering if I should grab up the sapphire lens for 36 more bucks...some say there's no real advantage and I can believe it but sure sounds good...
    I only fear that if something happens to me, my wife will sell all my sh*t for what I told her I paid for it.

Flashaholic

Man, now there's a sapphire lens offered for $36...I feel like I want this...don't need it but still want it...any thoughts? Talk me out of it. I'm in too far with the light and holster w/ battery holder. Anyways, very excited to finally own an HDS and THIS will be the very last light I buy! Right.
    I only fear that if something happens to me, my wife will sell all my sh*t for what I told her I paid for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyh View Post
    Man, now there's a sapphire lens offered for $36...I feel like I want this...don't need it but still want it...any thoughts? Talk me out of it. I'm in too far with the light and holster w/ battery holder. Anyways, very excited to finally own an HDS and THIS will be the very last light I buy! Right.
    Henry doesn't use one. I don't use one. They cut down slightly on output which then makes the light run slightly less efficiently (as they are calibrated to the same output).
    I took it out of the store to save you.

The teeth gnashing may commence. The High Noon run is SOLD OUT.

Well, that's it then.
    Congratulations to the owners of such fantastic instruments.
    "Tint is within the eye of the beholder." - WoodsWalker

Well done to everyone especially hogo on these three great fast selling out runs!.
    do another again one day!.
    thank you.
    Nichia 219b 4500k 9080

Flashaholic

Henry doesn't use one. I don't use one. They cut down slightly on output which then makes the light run slightly less efficiently (as they are calibrated to the same output).
    I took it out of the store to save you.
    Thanks Man, appreciate it! Seriously!

Did we ever find out if it was the top picture, or the bottom picture that was the high noon?

Quote Originally Posted by noboneshotdog View Post
    Did we ever find out if it was the top picture, or the bottom picture that was the high noon?
    No. I never said which. Some guessed correctly. Others did not. I think the point is, is that it doesn't much matter when it is that difficult to tell. Some are guessing because of the shadows, not the color. I did use a diffuse reflector. Soooooooo, it's the bottom one. Wait. I'm old. Maybe it's the top. No, I'm sure it is the bottom one... at least 50% sure. Yeah. The top one, I mean bottom. What did I walk into this room for? I forget.
    Bottom. Pants! That's why I came into this room. I forgot to put pants on this morning.

How many 3 O'clock High's were released? I can't find it looking through the previous posts.

Can't....help....it.....must.....post.....WTB....
    Click here for the CandlePower Forums member map.
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...ead.php?383660

Quote Originally Posted by mckeand13 View Post
    How many 3 O'clock High's were released? I can't find it looking through the previous posts.

Can't....help....it.....must.....post.....WTB....
    I really like mine.

Page 87 of 111 FirstFirst ... 377780818283848586878889909192939497 ... LastLast