Even the Amish like Luxeons

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Luxeons for horse buggies. Very cool.

The Amish are a very interesting people, and their views of technology are usually misunderstood. The Luxeons are a good example. They are much higher tech than a halogen bulb, yet the Amish embrace their use. The Amish don't make decisions on which technology to use based on how modern or technical it is. Instead their decisions are based on how they think a particular technology will affect family and community.

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I notice that the key points were runtime and longterm cost. Also note that the GM spokesman said possibly in car headlights sometime in this decade (when, not if).

However, keep in mind that the pioneering work with luxeons has and is being done in flashlights. Much of that pioneering is done here in CPF by some very talented people. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

First Luxeon flashlight on market: Arc LS

batterystation

Enlightened
When I worked at the local lumber yard, I med LOTS of Amish folks from an area near here called Drakesville. Super people. I had an Amish crew put a steel roof on my house. I have NEVER seen the speed and quality of work out of a construction crew like these guys did. I gave a few Infinity Ultras to them as gifts. They love them. Lester uses his all the time. I don't think they are still just using incan lights around here.