007 Movie lights.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
A two-pronged question.

In the Bond movies from the very first to the latest, what Led lights have you noticed in the films? (Led remember)

The second part just for fun.What Led light would you suggest would suit his adventures bearing in mind he is usually suited and booted.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
whichever lights are used are usually painted over so no brand names are shown as are almost all movie lights. What light would a super agent use? Unknown experimental power source variable focus and range. Dimming feature, multiple power outputs, IR capable, UV capable totally waterproof and corrosive resistant. Size could range from a MkIII to a P7. As for movie lights the film Prometheus used the TK45 quite a bit. Most lights made for English TV are LED Lensers

idleprocess

Flashaholic
whichever lights are used are usually painted over so no brand names are shown as are almost all movie lights.
That or they have their prop shop hack something together or build from scratch.

As for movie lights the film Prometheus used the TK45 quite a bit.
I noticed that immediately when first watching the film. I guess they chose it because it's unusual looking enough that it would fit into their near/intermediate-future universe. Or maybe it was one of those executive decisions that their prop master made since they had an already-busy job ahead of them.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Sean Connery Bond; a Rayovac that fires 22 bullets.

George Lazenby wasn't Bond long enough to be issued a flashlight.

Roger Moore Bond; a Kel-Lite that fires 22 bullets and comes equipped with a hang glider option (complete with her Majesties flag emboldened onto it)

Pearce Brosnan Bond didn't do the flashlight thing.

Pissed off Daniel Craig Bond would have something that costs at least $300,000 to the average Shiek, Mula or ruthless dictator. Something that withstands exploding at least 4 times, emitts a eyeball popping radar, works without batteries, has a poison blow dart option and only puts out 1.5 lumens because pissed off Daniel Craig Bond can see in darkness.

Last edited:

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 for sure

I also think a ti penlight type would be ideal for the suit, concealed and elegant....

Nice choice Ven,must get myself a Ti light as I have not one.

Sean Connery Bond; a Rayovac that fires 22 bullets.

George Lazenby wasn't Bond long enough to be issued a flashlight.

Roger Moore Bond; a Kel-Lite that fires 22 bullets and comes equipped with a hang glider option (complete with her Majesties flag emboldened onto it)

Pearce Brosnan Bond didn't do the flashlight thing.

Pissed off Daniel Craig Bond would have something that costs at least $300,000 to the average Shiek, Mula or ruthless dictator. Something that withstands exploding at least 4 times, emitts a eyeball popping radar, works without batteries, has a poison blow dart option and only puts out 1.5 lumens because pissed off Daniel Craig Bond can see in darkness.

Your comment was entertaining to read.

Thanks.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
James Bond using a simple AMERICAN Maglite?? Her Majesty's Secret Service would not have it! Im sure that 3D Mag had all but a small nuclear weapon stuffed in it..