I just tried Carolina Reaper pepper flakes! - share an extreme heat food story here!

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Greetings fellow Chili Heads!

A while back CPF member S1LVA posted a picture with a shaker of ghost pepper flakes in the background. I contacted him and he gave me the info on where to get them, the Sonoran Spice Company. Now they sell Carolina Reaper pepper flakes rated at a world record 2.3 million scoville units. I purchased them and just tried them. Man these suckers are hot. I will etch porcelain tomorrow.

My extreme heat story is taking on the Jake Melnicks hot wing challenge in Chicago. I like extreme hot food but this was a mistake. The sauce uses capsaicin extract and it literally burned my skin until I could wipe it off. I was fine until the next day. Lets just say I couldn't be far from a toilet. I got my picture on the wall of flame but it was the classic Pyrrhic victory.

Feel the burn!!!

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Greetings fellow Chili Heads! ......

Man these suckers are hot. I will etch porcelain tomorrow.

Feel the burn!!!

lol.

Many years ago I use to finish off a night out with a stop at the taco trucks where I loaded many tacos up with the hottest sauce they had available and chowed down with no issue. This built a sense of confidence in my ability to handle very hot spices which led to a horrific night of regret. One night after such activities I went home and ate 2-3 whole dried habaneros (I had a small bag of them I was going to rehydrate and use in a recipe) thinking I could handle it, wrong. I spent the night with my gut in pain and actually had body shakes. Those peppers did such a number on me I didn't feel right until late the next afternoon.

yuandrew

Flashlight Enthusiast
A while back, my friend's dad made some chili beans and I joined them for dinner that night. Told me to try adding some Dave's Ghost Pepper Sauce to it. I put a drop about dime-sized in my bowl of chili before eating it. Wasn't bad at first but then the heat started building up; took two glasses full of milk before I cooled off.

More recently, a person from the shop next to us brought over the "Reaper" from the Trader Joe's Triple Threat set. Remembering my experience with the ghost pepper sauce, I only put one flake on my taco which I was able to handle just fine but the boss and another worker sprinkled a larger amount and were soon downing ice water*.

"It wasn't bad at first but then the heat just builds and builds" was their description.

RGRAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's a new Korean chain here called Bonchon Chicken.
The only place I've seen kim chee soup.
it's the hottest thing I've had lately.
I went threw a box of napkins blowing my noise and wiping my face.
We took the left over home.
The next day it seemed twice as hot.