Disassembling an Surefire e2d

jal

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone has broken down their Surefire E2D, and if so, if they would share hints. I haven't done anything to it yet, but am considering having the thing cerakoted.

The tailcap looks fairly easy - seems to have a retaining ring around the rubber cap that does't look too bad. Of course there could be something going on there I can't yet see.

The clip looks conceptually simple - looks like it should push away from the tailcap, but I'm afraid there may be epoxy there, and/or the force needed will bend it.

The head is another matter. Below the threads, it looks like there's a two-hole deal for unscrewing kind of like the tailcap, but it looks like it has to push forward towards the glass (the threads are narrower than the assembly). From inspecting the interior, I can't even tell if the light unscrews above or below the hexagonal anti-roll section of the head, or both.

Has anyone tread this ground already? I'm sure I can get it apart, I just would prefer to minimize the damage I do along the way.

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
the original poster last did anything on this forum about 10 months ago. We'll never know.

I know you can mask off areas prior to applying the cerakote/ powdercoat/ whatever, it should apply here as well.