• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Coming Soon - Nitecore EC4GT!

NitecoreStore

Enlightened
Nitecore has announced the impending release of their limited-run EC4GT Flashlights with unique colored bezels. We'll have specifications on this light soon, but we wanted to let you all know it's coming!

892861265_o.jpg

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interested in seeing the candela rating on these, might just be the medium thrower I have been looking for. Not a real fan of the color choices though, maybe a red or darker blue.

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interested in seeing the candela rating on these, might just be the medium thrower I have been looking for. Not a real fan of the color choices though, maybe a red or darker blue.

The EA45S is spec'ed at 40,500 cd. With a slightly larger head, this limited edition, around 45,000 cd spec'ed is my guess.

Agree about the color bezel.

Would be extra nice also if the high standby drain is fixed, or provide lockout option.

SBstratus

Newly Enlightened
These look great to me, but for the colors, I would have loved to have seen a Nitecore Yellow bezel instead of the ones they selected. Im not really sure what those colors even symbolize or relate to.

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
"The EC4GT is a new member to the unibody die-cast family with Cree's high intensity flagship XP-L HI V3 LED to emit up to 475 meters' throw."

Octavian

Newly Enlightened
Tomorrow I hope to receive the light (no blue or red, all black, nice ! ) .
I will make a direct comparison with my EA45S (also a great light).

In my view EC4GT is almost the perfect light - compact, good power bank (LiIon advantages ) , good throw, good power levels, good cooling.

Keep you all informed :)

Octavian

Newly Enlightened
I receive the light.

First impression: wow...!
Second impression: wow !
Third impression: wow ! I love this light, I love this light, I love this light !

I don't know if the difference is only 15000cd between EC4GT and EA45S...the spot in my eyes is a lot more concentrated (see pictures in bellow link) ,I must make a comparison also with my Olight M22 "Javelot" (dedomed) which is rated at ~50000cd (is a little more concentrated than Olight M23)
To EC4GT the hot spot is follow by an intense short spill, and after that is the usual spill, I find this nice for close action.

The anodised is very different from EA45S, is a lot more smooth, this is not better or worse, is just different. Remain to see how will resist in time.

The light seems to be very well made, nice finishes, no complain.

The only thing which very quick I noticed is the switch, is very well integrated in the light, this give a nice look, but is not so nice for action...I can not feel the switch...I press the off button instead of the power button...
To EA45S the switch doesn't look so nice, but you can feel a lot better and it has a better detend (click...click more clear).

I love both lights, but EC4GT want to be a small thrower without question.

I love the light I love the light I love the light ! :))

Bellow few pictues, hope to make some outdoor comparison with more flashlights.

http://s280.photobucket.com/user/rachiebuna/library/Nitecore EC4GT?sort=3&page=1

Octavian

Newly Enlightened
The tint is white, not cool white, just a nice pure white more to neutral than cool.
My digi cam setting was to a little cooler colors because I make pictures in house without the flash.

If you have some flashligt from my collection,please let me know and I can tell you the difference from EC4GT

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Much obliged.

Sounds good to me. Of course it is not as blue as your Nitecore tube, but I was wondering what kind of dropins you have for your P60 host(s)? Perhaps you could elaborate on that.