Complicated H4 to H7 conversion - Need advice

Skulls Road

Newly Enlightened
Hello all. I found a steal of a deal on a set of aftermarket projector headlights for my 2011 Mazda 2. I've run into an issue with the wiring. The car is wired for an H4 3 prong system while the headlights are wired for a H7 2 prong. The kit came with an H4 to H7 adapter but when I plugged everything in nothing happened. Fresh H7 bulbs too. I would have figured that either high or low beam would have given me some sort of light but I get absolutely nothing. The lights also have a line of LEDs with loose power and ground wire for splicing, and a connector that loops into the power and ground for the h7. Here is a picture of the adapter:
obvkoB0.jpg

On the right you have the h7 female, two diodes?, and the connection for the LEDs. On the left you have the 3 prong h4 adapter plus the power and ground wires that need splicing to power the LEDs. So like I said when I try and install this as plug and play nothing happens. If I turn on my high beams I dont get light and the fuse pops. If I disconnect that small brown/white plug from the red/black plug and turn on the high beams I don't pop a fuse. I'm really scratching my head here on how I can rewire this kit to work. I know it's been done by one Mazdas247 forum member but that was two years ago and he is no longer active on the forums. Any advice would be appreciated thanks.

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
Hi, welcome to the board. Here's the problem: aftermarket headlamps such as the ones you found aren't actually headlamps. They're toys shaped like headlamps. They are not safe, no matter how you wire them or what bulbs you put in them. Seriously, the best thing you can do is leave the car's original headlamps in place, install better bulbs (these are the ones to get), and make sure they're aimed correctly.

Last edited:

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome:
Hello all. I found a steal of a deal on a set of aftermarket projector headlights for my 2011 Mazda 2.
Sadly, the only one doing any stealing was the person who took your money. There aren't any aftermarket headlamps of that type worth getting. Some of the proof of that is right there-- it's supposedly designed to work with the Mazda H2 and includes adapters but it doesn't even work except as a fuse-blower. Return to the original headlamps, or, if you replaced them because they'd lost their clarity over the years, get brand-new, genuine Mazda replacement lamps. Pricey, yes-- but much more effective.