Tri-V/Spy 007 display stand With GITD locator! : Run#1: *closed*

DaveC1964

Newly Enlightened
Tri-V/Spy 007 stand B-GRADE: GONE! thx to all buyers.

I have a few of these stands left that have a small blemish. These have small imperfections such as glue mark, a nick, or a bubble in the GITD material. These flaws are small the stand usually only has ONE of these issues. Because of this these flaws they are sold as B-GRADE. The Cost is $20.00 INCLUDING the Priority mail shipping (US ONLY) which is an almost $8.00 value.

I recently purchased a Tri-V light. The light is pretty amazing as you all know. I hated to just lay it on a desk or shelf as-is, it seemed to need something nicer. Since it is a work of art I wanted it to be displayed like a collector's piece when not in use. That and it could get scratched up if put on a rough surface. This also allows the light to be used "hands free" in the horizontal position on any surface without getting scratched. I also thought it would be nice to have a "beacon" to easily find it in the dark. Since I don't have trits in it I did the next best thing.

So to solve all of those issues I came up with this acrylic display stand. It is made from acrylic parts and then fused together.

Fits the Tri-V and 007 lights!

0iGuP5P.jpg
gM4Qb5k.jpg

w2Dyud0.jpg
Vgbil0V.jpg

XgIVJ7S.jpg

Last edited:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Tri-V cradle/display stand With GITD locator!

Neato. I am down for one for sure, possibly two.

Nice creative work. Bet they would work for the 007 too.

DaveC1964

Newly Enlightened

Hi,

If interested PM me. I made a few of them when I made mine. If there is interest I will make more.

I am not sure about the 007 as I don't have one (yet). This is pretty tailored to the curves of the Tri-V so I am not sure if it would fit. Someone with both could look and see if the reflector/switch end and the notches by the tail-cap are the same.

Last edited:

Jannojj

Newly Enlightened

Great job , display stand looks very cool[emoji848][emoji122][emoji1303]

thenikjones

Newly Enlightened

That's a great idea, I am a big fan of GITD and if room lighting naturally charges it, so much the better. Hope these sell well (I only have a 007 sadly)

DaveC1964

Newly Enlightened

That's a great idea, I am a big fan of GITD and if room lighting naturally charges it, so much the better. Hope these sell well (I only have a 007 sadly)

It uses the typical good quality green glow material. If the room gets light it will glow all night. I have seen it still glowing noticeably at 5:00 am, I could go right to it and easily pick up the light from the stand. Of course the brighter the light it gets the brighter it will glow.

Surprisingly I haven't had too much interest (I sold one) but that is ok, I mostly made it for me. I use it and wouldn't want to not have it now. I have a stand in each room that I use the light in so I can just bring the light in that room, use it, and then place on the stand when done. I think it is one of those things that you don't think you would want until you actually have and use it. The Spy lights have a nice flat tail cap so they stand up on their own. After awhile though I can see that nice finish getting scratched up sitting on the cap that way and may be prone to being knocked over. They also don't have locators for the dark unless you have trits in it. If I sell a few that will be fine, if not no big deal.

The 007 is a great light. I wanted one of those too but my funds aren't enough that I can get one of those too at least not right away. I would make a stand for those if I knew the geometry of them.

Last edited:

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast

The 007 has the exact shape as the Tri-V on the side that you are putting it on. So, it will fit the 007 the same.

I will take one! Please email me.

Cheers
Dave

DaveC1964

Newly Enlightened

Nice pics Thud! glad it worked out. So these can work for the 007 too that is good to know.

Is there a way I can edit the thread title to include it?

DaveC1964

Newly Enlightened

Use the "Go Advanced" tab ....

Duh. noob alert! Thanks for the info.

I have a small run of stands now if anyone is interested, just PM me. They work with the Tri-V and SPY 007.

rxO44xQ.jpg

Last edited:

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast

I received mine--great! I took some pics with my phone....how do I post them or even one?

Karl

DaveC1964

Newly Enlightened

Thanks guys, glad they worked out for you.

@karlthev, You can put them on free pic hosting sites such as imgur then copy the direct link then click the "insert image" (picture icon) here and paste. That is how I do it anyway.

stoli67

Enlightened

Mine arrived yesterday to Australia..... very nice... thanks for shipping over here.

DaveC1964

Newly Enlightened

Good, glad it arrived in one piece. It didn't take as long as I thought it might to get there. Good luck with it.