ADVICE CHALLENGE - Looking for AA LED torch, with pressure switch... on a budget!

CynicUK

Newly Enlightened
Hi Folks!

I'm after some ideas on which LED torch to buy. Budget is about £40 (£50 tops) GBP. Needs to run off AA batteries, as I have access to an abundant supply. Also needs to have a pressure switch option readily available, as this will be gun mounted (airsoft). Ideally something that just switches on and off - none of this cycling through brightness settings and flashing modes. The brighter, the better - some of the corridors where i play are 200ft+ long, and its pitch dark (100ft underground bunker!).

I'm currently using a Tescos CREE LED AA torch, which cost me about £9.00 a few years ago. Its pretty good for the money (i actually bought a couple of them), but i cannot find a pressure switch that fits, and its a real pain to manually switch on and off in the middle of a firefight.

Cheers! :)
Cynic

Poppy

Flashaholic
Try solarforceflashlights-sales dot com

You should be able to lego something together.
Start with a L2M body, add an extender.
Then get a low voltage drop-in to run on 2AA batteries

Then get a tail cap with a remote switch.

You'll have to put the AA batteries in sleeves to prevent rattle.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great idea Poppy that is the route I would go too. At first, I was thinking of a Surefire lego of some sorts too using the G3 body. But the price may be a issue. Too bad he can't swing for the new AA SF Scout. That would be heck of a Airsoft light.