REVIEW: UltraFire ”alarm SIREN” flashlight (XM-L T6 , 1x18650)

realista

Enlightened
dGsIblr.jpg

First impressions:
Shipped from: GearBest for review purpose

This flashlight is somewhat odd and a little funny, but this is the primary thing that attracted me!
As you see, there's no other flashlight with a comparable style in the market.
The package came with these included contents:
2 x 18650 Batteries, 1 x AC Charger, 1 x Car Charger (12v)
But unfortunately the quality of the batteries is quite low (less than 1000mah) but for a low overall price this is what you can expect.
Convenient the complete set of chargers and the charging port which saves you from extract the battery to make a charge.

M1xubc4.jpg

vrxiJ6T.jpg

lGmZRCm.jpg

Modes and estimated lumens:
Switch type: MECHANICAL
There are " 5 " modes in the following order:
Hi – med – low – strobo – sos

My estimated lumens are 350

>>>LIGHT >>> The angle of refraction:
YZgjNsF.jpg

Weight and dimensions measurements (made myself, not by specs):
This flashlight weighs precisely 185 gr
Height 18,7 cm
Diameter 2,7 cm
Head diameter 3,9 cm

Construction quality:
It's hard to compare this flashlight with others, but the exterior design is actually original and the build quality is quite good.
I admire the attack head with 4 spikes, it could be really lifesaving in an emergency scenariowhere you have to defend yourself from an eventual human or animal attack or in case you have to break a glass window to get out of danger.

What about the siren alarm feature?
The back red switch is not used to turn on/off the flashlight (you need to use the side clicky switch) but to activate or deactivate the siren alarm sound, that's not much loud in reality, but quite good to attract attention from low or medium distances.

There's also a rope cutter that's integrated with the tail.

Lanyard hole: PRESENT (one)

Threads came PARTIALLY GREASED, but this is not a big con, i used my grease. (mine isn't an high quality one, but you can buy a top notch if you prefer)

xsmwEa1.jpg

LRTewgg.jpg

RTqa4J2.jpg

sqYlnwD.jpg

ezxoRQb.jpg

RA98Zc4.jpg

ci18K8o.jpg

RO5yiSB.jpg

Led Tint, reflector and lense:

The led is well centered and its tint is cold white
Reflector made of: SMOOTH – ALUMINUM
Lense made of: GLASS

qGozxyX.jpg

Dn93xIj.jpg

Outside beamshot at 25 meters, only at FULL power (same place for all my reviews)
(1GIF)
Wall beamshot at 250 centimeters, from lower to higher power (same place for all my reviews)
qxz7QPN.gif

Ceiling bounce test with LUXmeter:
2hCqchG.jpg

UXIF2jr.png

PROS:
- unique design head host with 4 spikes
- siren alarm feature
- chargers and batteries included

CONS:
- low lumens output
- poor quality of included 2x 18650

Final thoughts and why you should buy it:
If you are looking for a flashlight with high light output and the lowest possible price, this is not the perfect one for you…. But if you love the strange attack head design (to increase your flashlight collection) and the fact that's shipped with included chargers and batteries , could be a nice gift idea for parents and friends that are obsessed with their "house and personal protection".
Great runtime (made possible by low output) and the fact to be a nice self-defense weapon + alarm, are the best 3 features of this flashlight!

Thanks for reading.....
….and if you notice some bad written phrases, feel free to correct me suggesting the right way to write it!! :)

Last edited:

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
realista thank you for the review of this very strange light! Excellent photos. Those spikes would get me arrested where I live lol...

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks look very "Star Wars" to me and I would expect to see that in the UK rebadged under the Defender brand.A word of warning to UK people you may well be charged with carrying an offensive weapon because of the spiked head.

oKtosiTe

Enlightened
Given UltraFire's spotty track record, I'm not sure gifting this to loved ones is a good idea. :poof:

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
who really makes this light though? There must be 30 dozen "UltraFire" companies in China. Aaaaaanyways its still pretty different the alarm feature is pretty cool nothing wrong with the old XM-L T6 either....

cmd

Newly Enlightened
Wild design, thanks for the review.

Just an FYI, those "spikes" would not break auto glass because they are flat on the tips.

realista

Enlightened
cmd, i think it would break a glass :twothumbs
It's a nice flashlight after all....particular design and the siren is a funny feature!

cmd

Newly Enlightened
Not to derail the thread, but to break auto glass use something very hard that comes to a point. I will concede that glass can be broken eventually with just about anything though.

Here is something cool I found for streamlights and maglights that will break auto glass quick and easy: http://www.bustacap.net/

Sorry to have sidetracked.