Introducing the SPY 007 Sapphire

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello everybody! These are the photos of the SPY 007 Sapphire.

The prototypes are working flawlessly and production has started. Various versions of the light will start to be available by the end of next week. Below there is a rundown of the options and pricing, the base price of the 007 has not changed.

Every single part of this new 007 is updated. The improvements are intended to make the 007 the very best that it can be. There are many new things including the Vegas Knob and Vault Cap options seen on the current Tri-V. With all the options selected the light is outfitted to be easier to use as an EDC and way more fun!

New 007 Sapphire features
• Bezel-less Hi-tech curved flush mount sapphire lens with reflector at the very front of light, no lint trap
• Large copper heat sink and direct thermal path copper MCPCB for increased lumen output
• State of the art XM-L2, XP-L and XP-L HI emitter options in your choice of 5000K or 6000K color temp
• New Springfield Knurl finish (first time ever flat knurl in titanium) available with or without stone wash
• Improved two stage stone wash finish with deeper luster
• Twist off Vault Battery Cap (clean stealth look, no release button, no tool needed, great for easy battery change or advanced programming)
• 7 position lockable Vegas knob (secure functionality for EDC use and ultra-high power output limiting)
• Black custom woven monkey-fist paracord lanyard with SS split ring attachment
• Haptic feedback vibratory motor built in

The new Sapphire head is designed to be beautiful and functional. Its design was inspired by very high end wrist watch lens technology. The goal was two fold. First, create an EDC light that would no longer have any place for lint to collect in front of the lens. And second, bring the reflector clear to the front of the light, almost appearing to extend out of the front of the head. This produces wider fill and provides for the larger internal copper heat sink without adding much additional length to the tiny SPY package. The 007 Sapphire head uses a gasket sourced from the exotic wristwatch industry. To compliment the specially made "curved" sapphire lens, I chose to contour the front edge of the head to perfectly match the curve of the lens and then fine polish it to a mirror like surface.

EU1C5346s.jpg

The Springfield Knurl is the name of the new pattern that is machined into the side of the titanium billet body. This planer topology knurl is a completely new multi step process that took us nearly a year to perfect and is an industry first. It provides scratch resistance and is silky smooth in your pocket yet grippy in your hand. :tinfoil:

Cool Fall SPY 007 Sapphire with Springfield Knurl Stone Wash, Vault and Vegas
EU1C5323c2.jpg

The above is a pic of the 007 Ultra (the Ultra is the 007 with every option).

EU1C5318c.jpg

Here are the 007 finishes in order, starting with the base model's machined finish with the optional Sapphire head (the standard 007 head is not shown as it is not changed from previous 007 models).

007 Bow-Ti: Base model with optional head: Cool Fall SPY 007 Sapphire Machine Finish (no Vault, no Vegas)

CLICK IMAGE FOR LARGER VIEW

007 Springfield Bars: Cool Fall SPY 007 Sapphire with Springfield Stone Wash (no Knurl), Vault and Vegas

007 Springfield Knurl Machine Finish: Cool Fall SPY 007 Sapphire with Springfield Knurl Machine Finish, Vault and Vegas

007 Springfield Knurl Stone Wash (Ultra): Cool Fall SPY 007 Sapphire with Springfield Knurl Stone Wash, Vault and Vegas

This is not a sign up list. I will post a sales thread when the first lights are ready but I will make sure you all know way ahead of time when that will be. :popcorn:

Options and Packages

007 Base Price: $1295

007 Options:

• Sapphire head $100**
  • Vegas Knob: $650
  • Vault Battery Cap $650
  • Optional finish $400 (this includes your choice of the Springfield Bars, Springfield Knurl Machine finish, Springfield Knurl Stone Wash)

Packages:
• Technology Package: $950 (Vegas Knob and Vault Battery Cap)
• Style and Technology Package: $1300 (Vegas, Vault & any optional finish) (this includes the Ultra)

The definition of the Ultra is simply a completely loaded 007 with the "Springfield Knurl Stone Wash". As an example, the Ultra will be priced at $2695.

** The 007 with standard head is not immediately available. So the bottom line is that the Sapphire head, though an option, it is required at this time.

EU1C5333s.jpg

EU1C5330c3.jpg

Cheers
Dave

Last edited:

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now that's what I'm talking about !!!

Badass Sir !!

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh wow, that flat knurling looks amazing. Bet it feels amazing too. What an unbelievable light Dave! About the only thing I'd love to see is a picture of it in your hand to get a size reference.

easilyled

Flashaholic
:wow: :bow: :drunk: :clap:

Amazing work Dave, you've knocked it out the park again.
I think I'll be in for one with all the options and an XPL-Hi before long.

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you, it was great seeing you and the guys the other day!

Boy it took a long time to get this post together. :shakehead

It was great seeing you and the fellas as well, good times man !

Springfield Knurl Stonewashed Ultra would be my choice for sure :)

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
And just when you've finally, FINALLY seen the best, Dave "bests" it!! You've always been the leader of the pack! Amazing here in pictures, so much more so in the flesh!! Congrats on being at the peak! I wanna!!
Good to see you and thanks for having us all--like old times!!

Karl

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
That knurling!!!!!!!! And I thought nothing could come close to the GG. Dave, as expected, you knocked it out the park again! Well worth the wait. Now just need to save up some more. lol

DaveC1964

Newly Enlightened
Beautiful. That sapphire head should be standard, so nice and clean.

I like the sapphire, knurl, and machine finish combo (I wish my wallet did).

Last edited:

Ladd

Enlightened
That sapphire head is unreal! Wonder if it will start a trend?

It looks very difficult to manufacture.

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
:wave:

Thanks everybody for the kind comments.

Oh wow, that flat knurling looks amazing. Bet it feels amazing too. What an unbelievable light Dave! About the only thing I'd love to see is a picture of it in your hand to get a size reference.

Well, that is a good question. I am forever getting comments from first time customers about how they did not realize how small the SPY is. All I have right now to post is this old pic from years ago. But it will give you some idea. The new light is probably about 0.1" longer than the one in this pic.

HV2T0327.jpg

Cheers
Dave

lefteye219

Enlightened
The Springfield Knurl, Machine finish is like dope of a light.. .and I agree with the rest, the sapphire head needs to become a standard... Its like a watch bezel... so much awesome work Dave !!!