NEXTORCH - 300 m long-shot E6        
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Introducing the SPY 007 Sapphire

Default Re: Introducing the SPY 007 Sapphire

Okay I did p4 to 1 blinky then to 1 back to B blinky 5 times then p5 twice and it vibrates. You have to be kidding me. I love it. Now to see if I can get it to vibrate longer or harder, but I can't find the other two to see if this is possible.
    Once things leave my hands I am not responsible for what happens.

I updated the Owners manual with all the Easter egg information. Please see the owners manual master index.

Please post back here with your impressions! I am curious what you all will make of this egg play.

Cheers
    Dave

That's great Dave. Nice to have all the info in one spot. Thanks!

Enlightened

Which LED would you recommend for use with the Dragon Nozzle?

Quote Originally Posted by marcar View Post
    Which LED would you recommend for use with the Dragon Nozzle?
    The XM-L2 works great but the XP-L-Hi could be better. In the tests I have done with the XP-L-Hi, it seems as strong as the XM-L2. The XP-L-Hi should be able to focus to a tighter spot and that should be an advantage but I do not know for sure if it is actually better. However, it surely is not a disadvantage given that you can adjust the focus with the Dragon Fire Nozzle and so you can defocus it.

The DFN will burn a dark wood stick like no ones business but I cannot get it to flame up yet, not that I have actually given it the proper study. It is very very close. It lights char-cloth and matches in just a couple seconds and those are easy to start a fire with. Several of the Dragon Fire Nozzles are out in the wild now and I am hoping somebody will post some fire starting tricks.

Cheers
    Dave

Dragon Nozzle? Fire? Oh my, what have I missed..... what is it .....and where do I get one?????

Quote Originally Posted by egginator1 View Post
    Dragon Nozzle? Fire? Oh my, what have I missed..... what is it .....and where do I get one?????

Hahaha, I saw it on you tube! I still want one....for scientific purposes only...of course!.Shhhh, let me know where to get one, I won't tell anyone.....I promise

Enlightened

Thanks for the information. I'm going to order with the XP-L-Hi.

Enlightened

My impressions on the 1005mA Easter egg - it's a brilliant feature , I have program P6 for 1005mA so it vibrates every time I change settings

It's an expensive light so it's nice to have some features which no other light has, it helps in justifying the cost - well done Dave
    another comment - Mike's machining and the innovated Springfield Knurling is just fantastic, make sure you tell him CPF members recognized his contribution to the Spy

All the best

Matrix

Flashaholic*

+1 for kudos to Mike, not just for the Springfield knurl but going back at least eight years to the general purpose rail adapter.

I tried searching, but wasn't working for me. Is the Sapphire or any CoolFall lights current or old waterproof? Thanks.

I do not own one yet.... but from what I have seen no I don't belive they are water proof. There is a thread on here that someone is asking what to do because their spy got wet.
    No such thing as too many flashlights, or knives.................
    No matter what they say.

The SPY flashlights are water resistant. They are fine for use in the rain but are not for use submerged. If they ever do get water inside the light you only need to open it up to let it dry out. Of course they have a life time warrantee to the original purchaser so there is no need to worry. There have been a couple SPY lights damaged by a leaky battery over the years but I do not recall a light ever permanently damaged by getting damp on the inside. The STFu MK4 converter board is very robust.

Cheers
    Dave

The Sapphire looks amazing! But I have noticed that the indented "rails" on the base version are gone, I really thought they complimented the look. Is there any chance to get them as an option?

If you are referring to the cuts on the flat side of the 007 and Tri-V body, they are still available on the Tri-V version 3 that is returning again very soon.

Cheers
    Dave

Yes, the cut-outs. When comparing Sapphire's Springfield bars version to a base model the difference is not only in bars themselves, the rectangular side of the Springfield bars SPY is indented while the base model has a very flat side. If there is ever a release of a Sapphire with an "old-style" machined look with cut-outs it would be terrific.

Just to confirm: there was an information that Tri-V would only be available in Ultra. But Ultra also means some additional finish. So will it be possible to get a Tri-V in different than Ultra configurations or just without the additional finish (but has to have the technology package)?

You are correct all the Tri-Vs will have the Stone Washed Gunner Grip configuration but that does have the cutouts you were referring to.

Flashaholic* ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Data View Post
    If you are referring to the cuts on the flat side of the 007 and Tri-V body, they are still available on the Tri-V version 3 that is returning again very soon.

Cheers
    Dave
    A Tri-V v3? Do tell..... any cool new additions to the light?

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond View Post
    It has it's own sale thread with the info. It was released about a year and a half ago. He just stopped the sale of the Tri-V V3 to focus on the release of the 007 Sapphire.

Here's the thread. ​http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...t-CLOSED-gt-gt

Quote Originally Posted by ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond View Post
    Sean, this post by Data is the most informative regarding the upcoming Tri-V V3 which has some changes compared to the old V3.
    We are all flotsam and jetsam being carried by a relentless tide towards our ultimate fate!

Flashaholic* ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by easilyled View Post
    Sean, this post by Data is the most informative regarding the upcoming Tri-V V3 which has some changes compared to the old V3.
    Thank you - I hadn't seen that one. So it's not a hugely significant change. I would like a XP-L HI in the spot position though so I may contact Dave for an upgrade.

Does the flat surface go closer to the tail of the Bow Ti version than it does on the additional finish versions? From the photos it seems the curved ridge is thicker near the tail cap for finished Sapphires. If so, was it done on purpose?

you could be looking at the military battery cap vs the Vault battery cap

Hi Dave, I'm thinking about picking up a Sapphire 007 and wondered if there are some sample run times at the standard outputs. Understand that it might be variable based on the emitter and the individual setups but just something to get an idea would be great. Want to figure out how many sets of batteries I'll need!

There is a run time plot in the user manual that is on line here:
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...Hi-XP-L-XM-L2)

The SPY is very good at conserving batteries and still giving you high power when you need it.

Cheers
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Data View Post
    There is a run time plot in the user manual that is on line here:
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...Hi-XP-L-XM-L2)

The SPY is very good at conserving batteries and still giving you high power when you need it.

Cheers
    Dave
    Thanks Dave, I missed that thread!

I'll drop you a mail shortly.

edit - Mail sent!
    Last edited by der; 05-22-2017 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by der View Post
    Thanks Dave, I missed that thread!

I'll drop you a mail shortly.

edit - Mail sent!
    your light shipped

Thanks So much Dave! Just saw the FedEx mail!

08-79 arrived safe and sound at it's new home in Japan today. God, it's beautiful!. Beautiful and small! Really really small!

I love it and can't wait for it to get dark!

Thanks so much Dave - amazing work!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast