RMSK, Inc.        
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Introducing the SPY 007 Sapphire

Default Re: Introducing the SPY 007 Sapphire

Is there any way to use a nichia 219b LED instead of the xpl or xml-2 m

Quote Originally Posted by lumosmaxima View Post
    Is there any way to use a nichia 219b LED instead of the xpl or xml-2 m
    Sure, it drops right in. However I tend to not offer it because it cannot handle all the power of a SPY with an STFu MK4 at 3300mA. If the light is set to the 3300mA turbo mode, it will fry the emitter. The other detail that I have found to be pertinent here is that even though there is a slightly higher CRI in the 4000K Nichia emitter, the Cree 4000K blows it away even in the red tone color you see when it is pumping 1000 lumens. It is not a comparison you make on paper. The pure power of the Cree in a SPY just kicks it.

An just FYI, nobody orders the XM-L2 in a SPY anymore. The XP-L-Hi domeless emitter is just too good.

Cheers
    Dave

I never knew these lights existed. I really **dislike** you, now I´m absolutely hooked and will have to get one one day. This light could easily be Morpheu´s in the Matrix. Better yet, I can see a scene in Indiana Jones, where he falls through a trap in the ground into some kind of dimly lighted cave, slides his hand into his satchel, and retrieves a worn down leather holster, out of which emerges a Spy 007 Saphire, stone washed, w Springfield knurls. He delicately, but firmly handles it and clicks it alive, shining a perfect beam unto a hidden path that will lead him to safety.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345