Acebeam K70 throw comparison

boo

Newly Enlightened
I am seeing a comparison of the Acebeam K70 with other lights posted on this forum.
It appears most of the beam shot comparisons are at short range. To me, this is not a
true comparison.
How about some light comparisons at 1000 meters and above?.
The point is, the K70 is advertised and sold as a thrower.
Also, it would be nice if the beam shot posters would tell the distance of the objects
their shooting at.
Curious as to the practical range of the K70.
These short range test tell me nothing.

kj2

Flashaholic
Do have the K70 and a few other throwers, but don't have such a wide open area. Widest point nearby is roughly max 600/650 meters.

ven

Flashaholic
Well i gues you have just give yourself a job boo:poke: easiest way to get the pics you desire is to get them yourself ;)

Look forward to your pics
:popcorn:

kj2

Flashaholic
Measured again with google maps, and seems like I've more distance to work with that I thought.
Still weather has to be perfect, and I doubt that my camera will pick it up.. Our eyes see better than a camera.

nq8oz4.jpg

easilyled

Flashaholic
I am seeing a comparison of the Acebeam K70 with other lights posted on this forum.
It appears most of the beam shot comparisons are at short range. To me, this is not a
true comparison.
How about some light comparisons at 1000 meters and above?.
The point is, the K70 is advertised and sold as a thrower.
Also, it would be nice if the beam shot posters would tell the distance of the objects
their shooting at.
Curious as to the practical range of the K70.
These short range test tell me nothing.

One just can't get the staff these days boo. :shakehead

As ven said, probably have to do it yourself. I look forward to your pictures too. :)

ven

Flashaholic
My problem is space, maybe 200-250m is about as much as i can get locally(without travelling a good bit). Then camera side, zoom in and loose resolution , keep as is and will only pic up a few hundred metres anyway. Then pollution is another issue, be it light pollution or mist etc, this is around 180m ish

boo

Newly Enlightened
I have the same problem as some of you.
First, i`m having some difficulty finding a good spot to test at long range.
Second, I don`t have the proper equipment and know how to take quality,
long range photographs.
That is why I was hoping the experienced guys here might do some long
range comparisons and post them.

fireonhigh

Newly Enlightened
I'm not well versed on internet grammar...

But aside from being annoying, what is the purpose of using all bold text???

i think what is needed is a big ole pissing match so we can decide who the boss is?lol :whistle:..... lets see real comparisons from the dedicated throwers, or have a beer and enjoy,lol.... i cant wait to light the night!!!!

Last edited:

cj_86

Newly Enlightened
It rained all day today and the night shot was taken with no rain but with little fog. Acebeam K70 with Sony VTC5 18650

42419117-74E6-44FF-A0DC-B471492DA8A8_zpshcvnw6qf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
1867928D-4135-4FC7-A7E4-38C12317583C_zps1weask4x.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
Got video on youtube to compare the Acebeam K70 with K60, T20, and M3xs UT. URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3atC4GUGwY
There's nothing too scientific here but you can clearly see how much more illumination and throw the K70 has when compared with other throwers. The K60 will eat it up as far as lumens obviously but if you need the distance you can see why the K70. Want to get a little more science into my videos but for now this is it.

cj_86

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys! Turned out better then I thought through the fog! My range finder is limited to 600 yards. There is a water tower that is aprox. 800 and I'll try to get a picture on a clear night.

boo

Newly Enlightened
I'm not well versed on internet grammar...

But aside from being annoying, what is the purpose of using all bold text???

I did not realize I posted in bold print. It was an accident.
Thinking about it a bit, I really don`t see what the big deal is.
By the way, i`m not politically correct either.
I like all the things society does not like these days.

boo

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys! Turned out better then I thought through the fog! My range finder is limited to 600 yards. There is a water tower that is aprox. 800 and I'll try to get a picture on a clear night.

Will look forward to it.
boo

ven

Flashaholic
if you don't have the space for such a long range light... why do you need a long range light?

For me, i look at as not being able to put a little light 1300m away which is of no use to me anyway, but putting a lot of light at 200-400m distance.

boo

Newly Enlightened
if you don't have the space for such a long range light... why do you need a long range light?

I plan to cut down some of my neighbors trees.
Also, i`m not static, I move around.

Last edited: