Store anti-theft alarms going off?

Lateck

Newly Enlightened
Like the title asks;
Have any or many of you fellow CPF members had local store "anti-theft" alarms go off as you walk through them with your lights?
I seem to activate them when I walk in or out of stores when carrying my Olights S30R ll. Some times when I carry my Anker mini-charger, too.
Could it be something to do with the construction of the batteries?

Or am I alone with this problem? (I'm not stealing anything, I know that for sure) ;)

Lateck,

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have that happen too.
but i carry a lot of stuff.arc-ls,gerber tool,keys and minitools,peak aaa brass,and a note 3.
at autozone i tripped it on the way in and told them i am a reverse shoplifter.as in bring stuff in that i know they carry to screw up their inventory system.
they got a good laugh.

mattheww50

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most of the anti-theft devices rely on what is essentially an antenna embedded (or attached) somewhere in the product. The antenna is resonant at the frequency used in the microwave sensor, so the detector looks for re-radiation of the microwaves from the resonant antenna. The potential rub is that any piece of metal with the correct dimensions will in be resonant at the microwave frequency in use, and can therefor set off the detector. It is entirely possible for any object with relatively small pieces of metal that happen to be close to the correct dimensions to be resonant, and set off the detector.

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have to walk through those anti theft devices quickly I found out (not 1st hand) that they can trigger my defibrillator to send a pulse, the last thing I need to have happen.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have to walk through those anti theft devices quickly I found out (not 1st hand) that they can trigger my defibrillator to send a pulse, the last thing I need to have happen.
Now that is a shocking story! lol

Maybe you have one of those tags in your shoes, wallet or belt? My wife kept tripping one at a certain store. Come to find she had a tag in one of her shoes under the insert thingy.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd think that the store once notified of the problem would be required to post notice of the hazard.
To add to that, I would also think that the Dr. or Med supply folks would provide that type of warning? I see the warnings around microwaves at the gas station and some work places.

Enlightened
Like the title asks; Have any or many of you fellow CPF members had local store "anti-theft" alarms go off as you walk through them with your lights? I seem to activate them when I walk in or out of stores when carrying my Olights S30R ll. Some times when I carry my Anker mini-charger, too. Could it be something to do with the construction of the batteries? Or am I alone with this problem? (I'm not stealing anything, I know that for sure) ;) Lateck,
Are you secretly carrying coils of wire in your pockets?

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have two spinal column stimulators that use inductive charging. Since I run one at max power most the time it is not uncommon for me to have a Velcro belt with a battery that is recharging the unit through the skin(no wires/no hard connection). As a result I trip everything. At the airport I always carry a medical card and warn security ahead of time that between the stim units, a titanium knee and various wires and screws that hold me together, I usually set off everything. The plus side is that they are so busy with me they ignore all the flashlights I am carrying.