• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

SDminiVN - Pocket Thrower

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
SDminiVN - Pocket Thrower

Factory Link Here
Lumintop SDminiVN - Pocket Thrower
SDminiVN VS SC63 VS SC600

Spec 2: ~44 Max Lux

Spec 3:

Lux 60K/55K
Lumen 1030/970

All light "V54" Engraved

USB Charging deactivated.
Rubber gate glue shut

$70 Spec 1: Power Boost Only, XPL HI 6500K, USB Charging & Factory UI stays
$90 Spec 2: Power Boost Only, XPG2 PDT on Copper, USB Charging & Factory UI stays
$130 Spec 3: DriverVN2, XPG2 PDT on Copper, DriverVNX2, High Current Mod, Max Throw
$130 Spec 4: DriverVN2, XPL 7000K on Copper, DriverVNX2, High Current Mod, Max Lumen

Last edited:

Jose Marin

Enlightened
Re: XXX

Im going to guess mecarmy pt18 with driver vnx2 and triple or quad xpl pdt :grin2:

Edit: dang he already released the pt18! What is it!!

Last edited:

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hmmmm... That sounds like a lot of throw for an optic. Larger head = larger reflector. No lumen data yet, so maybe an XHP class emitter? Because I know Vinh can make a XPG2, in that size reflector, throw a lot farther (TX25Cvn).

Don't you just love these tantalizing guessing games that Vinh sets up? He's the master of it!

Sniper2075

Newly Enlightened

Very interesting, I was thinking of getting a MH20vn for a friend since it has built in charging. Then I heard about the new MH20GT and was going to ask Vinh about if he was going to mod that light, I thought he would especially after the MH20vn was removed from his sight. But these dimensions don't line up with the MH20GT so maybe this light will be what I get my buddy for his birthday. I'm eagerly waiting for the reveal Vinh.

crashunit007

Newly Enlightened

If so then Vinhs numbers are slightly off. Lumintop website has them at LENGTH: 109MM, HEAD: 33MM :thinking:

I have to admit, I had some free time and did spend a few hours looking for what it could be, and I think Vinh intentionally either threw off the measurements by just a bit to make it more difficult, or he measured it himself and came up with a slightly different measurement. The only flashlights that came in exactly that measurement that could possibly be it was the SC600, but it's not rechargable. So I started looking at ones that had close to its measurements and was rechargable in the 100 dollar price range, and only the lumitop SDmini and New Nitecore MH20GT came close and had the goods to be modded. And as Vinh already modded an earlier version of the Nitecore already, and also seems to be on a Lumitop kick lately, My money is on the SDmini.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Tx25c2vn is the greatest thrower for its size. Too bad its so expensive. This light will be a great alternative. However there is something about the UI i am not happy with. Let me see if i can get the factory to change it.

I dont want to giveaway what light it is yet for this reason. If i choose not to do a run i would not want to ruin its reputation due to my opinion becuase its a good light. Will be great with the right mods and UI.

Very hansome light too.

TX25c2vn is too big to pocket carry though for many, at least for me. The dimensions you mentioned of this new light is significantly more enticing for EDC purposes.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Let me wait to hear the UI upgrade before i reveal this one. :)

Otherwise I will have to cramp DriverVNX in there somehow

Capolini

Banned

I have to admit, I had some free time and did spend a few hours looking for what it could be, and I think Vinh intentionally either threw off the measurements by just a bit to make it more difficult, or he measured it himself and came up with a slightly different measurement. The only flashlights that came in exactly that measurement that could possibly be it was the SC600, but it's not rechargable. So I started looking at ones that had close to its measurements and was rechargable in the 100 dollar price range, and only the lumitop SDmini and New Nitecore MH20GT came close and had the goods to be modded. And as Vinh already modded an earlier version of the Nitecore already, and also seems to be on a Lumitop kick lately, My money is on the SDmini.

Ok,,,,,,Like I said his numbers may be slightly off!!!;)