Looking for A SUPER thrower for under $100

liam_995

Newly Enlightened
I am working at night in a very big parking lot where I need to ID things very far away.

Looking for a hand held LED flashlight that has a very very long throw (2X Cr123a; 18650) for under $100.

The one that I currently use (JetBeam WL-S2) just is not cutting it...

Suggestions welcome!

:thinking:

JohnnyBravo

Enlightened
An Olight M2X-UT is what comes to my mind. Just under $100 if you look around and/or use a promo/coupon code. 164K candela vs. your 20k. 810 meters of throw vs. your 280 meters. Runs on 2xCR123s or 1x18650.

tex.proud

Enlightened
With a tube style light like the WL-S2 you are not going to get the throw of a slightly larger head. The Thrower that I am currently using is an ArmyTek Dobermann. It WAY out-throwns my Fenix UC35. With the XP-L Hi LED and the larger head, it is amazing IMHO!

liam_995

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the suggestion - but (seems like the M2X-UT has it beaten by a lot...):

• Amazing brightness 1250 LED lumens and focused narrow light at the distance up to 314 meters for precise aiming

JohnnyBravo

Enlightened
Liam, just to clarify, you're wanting a 1x18650 light? Not a 2x18650? Some other suggestions are for the 2x. Have you decided yet?
I am working at night in a very big parking lot where I need to ID things very far away.

Looking for a hand held LED flashlight that has a very very long throw (2X Cr123a; 18650) for under $100.

The one that I currently use (JetBeam WL-S2) just is not cutting it...

Suggestions welcome!

:thinking:

liam_995

Newly Enlightened
The MAXTOCH looks interesting - but can't find any info on what levels it has on: [FONT=open_sansregular]Modes: Max-Mid-Min

[/FONT]
:thinking:[FONT=open_sansregular]

[/FONT]

Parrot Quack

Flashlight Enthusiast
A Nitecore MH20GT or a Nitecore EC4S. The MH20GT is a great thrower and the EC4S has a nice throw and is a great flooder. FWIW, I have both.

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
The MAXTOCH looks interesting - but can't find any info on what levels it has on: [FONT=open_sansregular]Modes: Max-Mid-Min

[/FONT]
:thinking:[FONT=open_sansregular]

[/FONT]
Read through this thread, it has the most info available on it. The light was just released on 5-3-16 so there isn't a whole lot available. The one on mountain electronics is the same light but with a lower candela rating due to using an XPL-HI instead of a dedomed xml2 u4.

liam_995

Newly Enlightened
So far it looks like a shoot-out between the M2X-UT (Super long throw) and the MH20GT (Long throw with a nice super low mode; better choice for an EDC) and the MAXTOCH (Longer throw than the MH20GT at a more reasonable price)...

So now it comes down to which one I can buy at the very best price; including shipping up to me here in Canada.

:sigh:

heiden.jeffrey

Newly Enlightened
Nitecore MH27 !! Just got mine a few weeks ago and i love it!!!!

so many awesome modes and also 3 colors.

1000 lumens and long run time.

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure about the shipping but more than likely the Maxtoch will be the cheapest as it is cheapest to begin with. It also has the longest throw of the three you are looking at.