Review: Zebralight SC600w mkIII HI (XHP-35 HI, 18650)

mhanlen

Enlightened
Review: Zebralight SC600 mkIII HI

Ok, so here's my review of the new Zebralight SC600 mkIII HI. I've been working on this review for a while, and finally got it done this morning. In the review I, go over the UI and programming modes, wander around outside and inside with the light, test brightness levels, test runtimes, and have tweaked the formula of the beamshot section that someone here had suggested to me, in my Nitecore MH20GT review.

Anyway, it's long- I think my longest review to date- but it's because there was a lot to go over. This light was purchased for full price from Zebralight and was sponsored by my debit card.

Thanks!

edit: I misspoke on the 2nd runtime test. Just watch the clock and ignore the time I say... Or subtract an hour.

Last edited:

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice review. I liked the different approach and video - nice job.

Vothelo

Newly Enlightened
Just saw the review, always enjoy your videos, particularly the comments...maybe because I have the same sense of humor, or not.
Keep the reviews coming.

mhanlen

Enlightened
:twothumbs:twothumbs Four thumbs up! Nice video review!

I'll take it, thanks!

Nice review. I liked the different approach and video - nice job.

I try to make mine a bit different. So different that I got a thumbs down in the first 20 minutes it was posted!

Just saw the review, always enjoy your videos, particularly the comments...maybe because I have the same sense of humor, or not.
Keep the reviews coming.

Thanks! I will admit, sometimes it's hard to come up with flashlight jokes.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Useful review:comparison beamshots are great.

If you use a ZL nightly like some of us, the user interface slip-ups become very rare, with the possible exception of turning on and double clicking too fast after turn on. The fact that you do not use a ZL regularly, would understandably result in those valid issues you spoke of.

Does your ArmyTek edc really give you the mode options you practically use? Care to comment on your ArmyTek UI?

mhanlen

Enlightened
Yep! It has all the lows the Zebralight does, and just about everything in between. The Armytek has a harder to mash button, which I don't like as much... but I like the Press and hold shortcut to low, A quick press is "last mode," Double click is medium grouping, and 3 clicks is turbo. Honestly turbo is probably my least used mode, because most of my carry is indoors. I actually carry my zebralight often, several times a week. I own a ton of lights... and the Zebralights UI is unique, it is not what I'm used to in an electronic switch light. The single click turbo is the thing that trips me up most. I've set it to the 100 lumen mode, so when I accidentally press once (thinking to activate mode memory) my pupils don't dilate, when I'm reading paperwork at work in a dark room.

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
Excellent video Mr. Hanlen, thanks. [emoji106] I liked the new format, but I'm a goldfish so I don't remember the old one....

I might have to consider this light after your review, in addition to the H600fw II that I have. I have accepted the UI confusion of that one. You don't need night vision with 1000 lumens strapped to your forehead anyway.

kellyglanzer

Enlightened
nice job on the video bro. i like your style :)
Wish my light would hurry and get here. your vid helped tide me over until its arrival though.

TCY

Enlightened
Thanks mhanlen, I've been waiting for a review on the HI version for a long time. Kudos!

tops2

Enlightened
Thanks for your review. The beams shots are super helpful. If it wasn't for the up coming high CRI version, I'd have gotten this light already.

Equitymind

Newly Enlightened
Great review. I'm putting in my order when it's in stock next. No more flashlights until I can get this one, this is my next light.

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great review. I JUST ordered this light. The ui sounds crazy complicated. How long did it take you to grasp all that?

mhanlen

Enlightened
Thanks mhanlen, I've been waiting for a review on the HI version for a long time. Kudos!

Thanks! I got it because it was the light that interested me those most out of Zebralights new lineup of sc600s and 63s.

Thanks for your review. The beams shots are super helpful. If it wasn't for the up coming high CRI version, I'd have gotten this light already.

Whaaaaa... is it High Cri and HI? Or just High CRI. I didnt know this.

Thanks from London !.

No problem!

Great review. I'm putting in my order when it's in stock next. No more flashlights until I can get this one, this is my next light.

I've said that before!

Great review. I JUST ordered this light. The ui sounds crazy complicated. How long did it take you to grasp all that?

I make it sound way harder than it actually is. It's all shortcuts. A quick press to high. Double click to medium. Longer press to low. Each of those modes, also has a sub mode that you can double click to switch between when your in that mode. Does that make it sound easier?

TCY

Enlightened
Thanks! I got it because it was the light that interested me those most out of Zebralights new lineup of sc600s and 63s.

If there won't be a high CRI version like the others mentioned I'll probably get the HI version. The high CRI one is basically XHP50 instead of XHP35, 5000K, 93-95 CRI with frosted lens.

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great review...great light!!

Agreed excellent review thanks for taking the time and sharing your review with us!

As far as 18650 format goes I personally think the SC62 and MK3 HI have to be the two best lights ZL has made with the HI actually becoming my new favorite. It's that good.