Acebeam        
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Lemax LX70 Superpower HID Light

Default Re: Lemax LX70 Superpower HID Light

Yeah, yeah, I'll admit, Sandy got me! Hail King Sandy! I might have had the edge on shear throw with the Maxabeam on pinpoint beam but, we"d really have needed a pair of binoculars to see what was being illuminated at the end point of the beam....although we could readily see the bugs between the head origin and the point focus! The LX70 just "dusted" the Polarion PH50 and the Abyss. Sandy was doing his level best to get the beamshots, side by side but, the camera (cellphone) wanted to adjust to the intensity of the LX70 and not the lesser performance beams. This was most evident with the Maxabeam where we couldn't see the Maxabeam beam (is that redundant?) by the LX70.

Karlthev
    Last edited by karlthev; 03-12-2018 at 05:31 PM. Reason: trying to make sense

Enlightened

Got my new Lemax LX50ll today. Here's a pic next to my UDR.20170928_143208.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by chartmarker View Post
    Congratulations on your new HID....you now have an awesome pair of lights!

Charge that baby up and let us know what you think. Lemax has shipping down to an art.

Enlightened

Dan how can I get more information from you about the upgrade for my LX50ii you mentioned ?
    Last edited by chartmarker; 02-28-2018 at 11:36 PM.

Thought this had posted before but...

Get in touch with Dan at Xe Vision in Ogden, Utah. "Dan" is the individual to speak to.

Karl
    Last edited by karlthev; 03-01-2018 at 08:04 AM.

Dan how can I get more information from you about the upgrade for my LX50ii you mentioned ?
    PM sent

I sent a PM to you some time ago.
    you can find our website at www.XeVision.com and contact information there (801)622-7000
    There are a few "options" in making the upgrade.
    You could just upgrade the ballast and not the bulb (bulb/igniter assby). The ballast controls bulb wattage in HID, not the bulb as with halogen.
    You could upgrade to a higher rated wattage bulb (longer useful bulb life and better lumens maintenance) now or later. 2 piece bulb / igniter assembly.
    It just depends how much you use the light and how much you want to spend now.

Dan

Anyone ever figure out the candela for the Superpower? Somewhere around 2M cd maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by wimmer21 View Post
    Anyone ever figure out the candela for the Superpower? Somewhere around 2M cd maybe?
    I think it was something like 4M+ CD based off the 4250m FL1 range stated, but cannot remember if someone has actually measured the lux.

It produces a constant 4.5Mcd.
    The standard LX-70 does 1.3Mcd (it's much more compact).

Thanks guys!

I gotta have one. But I'm gonna wait for the upgraded LX100 Superpower. C'mon Petr!

100watt UHP lamp maybe?

There is nothing they can do which would substantially increase performance. I guess they could ar-coate the lens for an extra 5-6% output.

UHP bulbs can't be used in a production light. Also they would have a much slower startup and reduce runtime or brightness (they are less efficient).

A more powerful metal halide bulb would be possible, but again less runtime and much slower startup.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Driver View Post
    There is nothing they can do which would substantially increase performance. I guess they could ar-coate the lens for an extra 5-6% output.
    UHP bulbs can't be used in a production light. Also they would have a much slower startup and reduce runtime or brightness (they are less efficient).

A more powerful metal halide bulb would be possible, but again less runtime and much slower startup.
    He is 100% correct on all points 100 watt is not really possible. the limiting factor is, THERE ARE NO QUALITY BULBS for THIS PARTICULAR HID TECHNOLOGY beyond the "FATBOY" DL50, the max it can or should be considered to be run at is somewhere between 80 and 85 bulb watts, TBD by Xevision which it could or would be (80 or 85) if we were to proceed with the below project.

The only thing left to push this technology to its final edge, and only we (XeVision) can and could do to create the LX70 Superpower "Ultra" ( with a custom new ballast, different bulb and our igniters ) , is push a DL50 "fatboy" bulb to 80 or 85 watts (a 10 bulb watt increase adding maybe 1200 (80w) - 1900 (85w) additional Lumens), we don't see a "real" market for it though.
    We don't see a real (100's of units) market for even the standard 50/70 Superpower, so we never sold it.
    The "Ultra" Superpower we could call it, might sell 10 to 20 units worldwide for a few hardcore flashaholics, with lots of money to spend. Maybe $3,500 to $4,000 with a prebuy group buy only 1 or 2 runs limited edition.
    Not sure at this point if the low end would stay 50W or move up to say 60W.
    Lets see how much activity we get here on this idea. If enough serious interest, we could consider to offer a very limited edition for it.
    Whoever wants to take the ball and run with it to "test the waters", make a new Thread "XeVision Superpower "Ultra" 80 or 85 Watt (TBD)". Copy and paste ONLY this ENTIRE post Including, The_Driver's comment shown here.
    Last edited by XeRay; 03-13-2018 at 04:24 PM.

So U.S. customers interested in the Superpower still have to purchase from Lemax. I didn't realize XeVision doesn't sell that version... I just check the website.

My comment about waiting for the LX100 was in jest.

So U.S. customers interested in the Superpower still have to purchase from Lemax. I didn't realize XeVision doesn't sell that version... I just check the website.
    My comment about waiting for the LX100 was in jest.
    Yes for standard Superpower units. However, if we get some committed interest on the "ULTRA" post 226 (2 above). A very special and powerful beast it would be indeed, for the most discriminating small group of elite buyers.
    We would probably limit it to 10 or 20 units total. But lets see if there is any interest for an ~ 8,800 to ~10,000 Lumens (TBD) from a Superpower "ULTRA".
    The existing Superpowers are about 7600 Lumens.
    To do this project we only need to make a special run of our ballasts, projected 2 to 3 months lead time.
    We have the bulbs and Igniters in stock at all times.
    Last edited by XeRay; 03-13-2018 at 03:50 PM.

Dan, what was the 250-Watt light going to be back a few years when you posted sort of an interest gathering post?
    WWII 60" Carbon Arc (Sold), 1.6KW NightSun, 1KW VSS-3A, .8KW TrakkaBeam, 600W M-134 Light, 500W X-500-14s, 500W Starburst, 500W A120b, 450 Watt AEG German Leopard 1 Tank Light, 300W Locators, Megaray, 150W Communicator, Maxabeam Gen3, Pichel 75W Mini-Novas

Quote Originally Posted by BVH View Post
    Dan, what was the 250-Watt light going to be back a few years when you posted sort of an interest gathering post?
    Can you be more specific ?
    It was going to be about 20,000 lumens or so, but the proper bulb used takes close to a minute to reach full output and starts out as bright as a "candle" for the first 30 seconds.
    Not very practical in most applications.

Could you also put the Ultra ballast in the LX50 II?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Driver View Post
    Could you also put the Ultra ballast in the LX50 II?
    All of these "puck" type ballasts are identical in size and function, only the internal power output settings and some internal components are different.
    In theory yes, but we would never consider doing that to the LX50-II, only upgrading it to a 50/70 we will consider.
    Normal 50/70 or the Superpower we will consider doing it.

Moved to the new "Ultra" Thread
    Last edited by XeRay; 03-14-2018 at 03:17 PM.

Anyone seen bulbmogul? I need some beam shots!

But seriously... I read where the Superpower had been on sale for a little over two grand a while back. I might pull the trigger on that if I could get that same deal.

Is the Superpower as incredible as the Lemax beam pics make it seem? With 4.5m cd, I'm trying to imagine how it would look next to the BLF GT. Obviously far superior, but wondering if the human eye can truly identify that.

Karl, I tried several times to reply to your message but it won't send.

Here's what I wrote...

I don't think I could afford one right now Karl. I might splurge for a Superpower if I could get one for two grand tho. Is it as incredible as it seems?

Why not just buy a maxabeam if you can afford $2k?

Is maxabeam superior?

Yeah, way more power, 12Mcd if you get the Gen 3 or I think around 6Mcd for the gen 2.
    They also can be found used for around $1000 or less on occasion

The MB definitely throws a more intense but much smaller hotspot downfield. I find that the MB hotspot is bright but too small to identify a large tree at about 900 Yards. You can see that something is lit up but the spot is too small to ID what you're looking at. With the Lemax, it is not as bright but is bright enough to light up and identify that same tree, even out to 1300 Yards.
    WWII 60" Carbon Arc (Sold), 1.6KW NightSun, 1KW VSS-3A, .8KW TrakkaBeam, 600W M-134 Light, 500W X-500-14s, 500W Starburst, 500W A120b, 450 Watt AEG German Leopard 1 Tank Light, 300W Locators, Megaray, 150W Communicator, Maxabeam Gen3, Pichel 75W Mini-Novas

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast