L3 L11c vs EagleTac D25a Clicky?

hap124

Newly Enlightened

Last edited:

ronniepudding

Enlightened
Only one right answer... Buy both ;)

Personally I don't notice PWM on the D25A, but since you're sensitive to it, then don't take the risk and go with L11C.

The major difference between the two is the UI. L11C always starts in Low (or Moonlight), while Eagletac has two mode groups depending upon whether the head is tight or loose. If you want moonlight on the L11C, you purchase a 4-mode light and it's always there; the D25A's moonlight mode can be toggled on/off by the user.

D25A is noticeably shorter than L11C.

Both my D25As have mild pre-flash when moonlight is off.

D25A has lots of strobe/beacon modes, which are somewhat hidden. L11C has no blinky modes.

Subjective things:
-- L11C has a properly low Moonlight mode, and great mode spacing to my eyes.
-- D25A does not, and when you turn moonlight mode on, there is a noticeably big jump between moonlight and the next brightness.
-- L11C has an annoyingly long "reset" time to go back to the lowest mode... it has to be off for ~5-6 seconds, otherwise it advances to a higher mode.
-- D25A tail stands better, and has a nicer-feeling clicky switch.
-- D25A has way too many blinky modes, and while they are hidden, I do occasionally strobe myself with it.

None of these things tips the scales overwhelmingly in favor of one or the other. Both are great lights.

Last edited:

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not a big fan of Eagletac's clicky series UI. I find it needlessly over-complicated. The simplicity and practicality of the L11C won me over.

Full click to start on low, then half press to cycle through the modes. No mode memory. I even went with the 3 mode one for even more simplicity.

The only weakness of the L11C I feel is its clicky-switch, which feels a little mushy next to the more robust Eagletac switch.