Looking for a handheld that i can clip on to a cap when needed

gregshin

Newly Enlightened
The only one i can find is the Streamlight microstream.

Are there any other brands and models that i can clip on to a cap?

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Nitecore EA11/EC11 would do that easily. The clip is reversible, and the light is small enough to not pull the cap down from weight. There are other Nitecore single cell lights in the 'M' family that should also work.

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you have any stipullations as to the battery size or activation type?

ThruNite has the Ti3 which is great for AAA light. They also have the T10 (AA) which has a reversible clip, also the ThruNite Archer 1AV3 (AA).

Last edited:

gregshin

Newly Enlightened
Do you have any stipullations as to the battery size or activation type?

ThruNite has the Ti3 which is great for AAA light. They also have the T10 which has a reversible clip, also the ThruNite Archer 1AV3.

was hoping for aaa or aa batteries, light weight and not picky on activation type.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another really nice light would be the Budget Light Forum 348 from Gearbest. It is a stainless steel single AAA light with a Nichia 219B emitter for that rich 90+ CRI goodness. It is really light, and the clip can be easily reversed so that it could be clipped to a hat brim. Best of all, it is under $10, even with expedited shipping. It is part of a group buy through Budget Light Forum, and is on it's third set. I think they have already sold a couple thousand of them, and almost everyone loves them. I bought a bunch for gifts and a couple for myself and use them a lot. I wish they had been around when I was running cables under the raised floor or in the ceiling.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The ProTac 1aaa is a lot brighter and uses the same clip.

Or if you find a light that size you like brite guy sells microstream clips for like $5.
I have a Mag Solitaire with one. Works great on many triple a lights.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
brands and models that i can clip on to a cap?

these all are AAA 3 mode lights with reversible pocket clips that I like to use on a baseball cap. The Olight has really smooth threads and imo great modes, very lightweight, and modest price

the modes on these 3 start on Medium, which I like (the Lumintops were also made with LMH sequence)
Olight i3s, cool white only
Lumintop Tool Titanium or Copper, available with Nichia (PM me if interested)
Maratac, cool white only

this light starts on low first, LMH. I personally find the Low impractical, and the fact it comes on first aggravates me.
Thrunite AAA, available in neutral white

Im into copper AAA hat capable lights. I superglue the clips in place on some lights
IMG_9837.JPG

IMG_9428.JPG

left to right, olight, maratac, thrunite, and take note of the Orange L08 with Nichia and 4 modes..

if youre a clicky guy that appreciates Color from High CRI ignore the Maratac on the left, the Titanium Tool with Nichia is the lightest clicky with Nichia I can think of, also works on a hat, the copper tool is a personal favorite for the metal, not for the weight. The AA L11c is 4 mode Nichia, like the L08. The L11c is by far one of the most lightweight AA lights with a Nichia option. Did I mention Im a Nichia fan?:)
IMG_2466.JPG

ps, The L11c wont fit a hat, unless you make a small incision in the brim, to pass the clip through.. actually works very very well. Or there is the L10, a twisty version, and the clip can be reversed..

See anything you like :)

now about tint
IMG_2129.JPG

which color do you like?
4000k, 4500k, 6000k
IMG_2128.JPG

tint selection tip
the 4000k will match ambient light better at night, the 6000k is a closer match during the day
I personally really like the 4000k for evening use.

warning to your wallet
if youre like some of us, you will end up buying and trying more than one. Sometimes two is better than one… etc

The Maratac is in my pocket daily, pimped with a 3000k LED and LMH driver swap. The tip of the clip is bobbed to allow tailstanding and hanging from a magnet
IMG_2121.JPG

seen here with the head of a 4000k Nichia Worm. The Maratac body also works with the 4000k Nichia Tool
IMG_2491.JPG

did I mention I like Copper Maratac hosts?

Last edited:

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Photon Freedom Microlight.

Any number of headlamps.

There are quite a few AAA lights with clips. Even single AA's can weigh just a bit too much though.

How about putting a clip or even some Velcro on a light you already have?

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking For A Handheld That i Can Clip On To A Cap When Needed

Great thread.

DMS1970

Enlightened
Re: Looking For A Handheld That i Can Clip On To A Cap When Needed

Olight s1 is easily the best for this application. Great floody beam for headlamp type use. Can also use Olight S10,S2, S15 etc, but they are heavier or less practical beam profile

tex.proud

Enlightened

I use the Lumintop Tool AAA on my cap just about every day at work. Great for up close, but don't expect it to light an attic or anything for ya. LOL. I have used the Manker T01 (AA) a few times. Almost too heavy, and you have to loosen the clip to make it removable by hand, without breaking out your multitool to pop it off. My only experience doing this.

Tex.Proud

tops2

Enlightened

Lumintop Tool AAA aluminum is pretty light and can clip onto cap. For EDC purpose is awesome.

Poppy

Flashaholic
Nice post with pictures jon!

these all are AAA 3 mode lights with reversible pocket clips that I like to use on a baseball cap. The Olight has really smooth threads and imo great modes, very lightweight, and modest price

the modes on these 3 start on Medium, which I like (the Lumintops were also made with LMH sequence)
Olight i3s, cool white only
Lumintop Tool Titanium or Copper, available with Nichia (PM me if interested)
Maratac, cool white only

this light starts on low first, LMH. I personally find the Low impractical, and the fact it comes on first aggravates me.
Thrunite AAA, available in neutral white

Im into copper AAA hat capable lights. I superglue the clips in place on some lights
IMG_9837.JPG

IMG_9428.JPG

left to right, olight, maratac, thrunite, and take note of the Orange L08 with Nichia and 4 modes..

kalel332

Newly Enlightened
Another really nice light would be the Budget Light Forum 348 from Gearbest. It is a stainless steel single AAA light with a Nichia 219B emitter for that rich 90+ CRI goodness. It is really light, and the clip can be easily reversed so that it could be clipped to a hat brim. Best of all, it is under $10, even with expedited shipping. It is part of a group buy through Budget Light Forum, and is on it's third set. I think they have already sold a couple thousand of them, and almost everyone loves them. I bought a bunch for gifts and a couple for myself and use them a lot. I wish they had been around when I was running cables under the raised floor or in the ceiling.
Why did you mentioned this light. Now I have three on the way and I blame you[emoji1]

tops2

Enlightened
Hide your wallet! After you try out a high-CRI flashlight, all of your old ones suddenly seem obsolete!

Lol..I've basically stopped using all my other lights at home after getting the BLF 348. Now I just want a higher power version of this light with the same exact tint/beam and I'm done!