LARGE DIAMETER LED FLASHLIGHT OR SPOTLIGHT

DQB

Newly Enlightened
Hi

I'm hoping that someone here can assist or steer me in the right direction.

I am a photographer.

I am looking for either a driving light or a powerful torch to use in my photographic work.

It is imperative that my purchase is the right one. Otherwise I will spend money unnecessarily and not get the right outcome.

The diameter of the head MUST be between 120 and 150mm.

The beam must be spot in nature.

Ideally the light will be LED to optimise battery life.

I want it to output 3000 lumens of light or upward. 4000 upwards would be my strong preference.

Is it possible to get these features in a torch? That would be my preference because it becomes more portable and easier to work with?

If it's not possible to get these in a torch can anyone recommend a driving light that fits the above needs?

Cheers.

chumley

Enlightened
Welcome to cpf, I have no experience with lights with your specs. I did a quick search and found the Olight X6 Marauder. It has a max output of 5,000 lumens with a 120 mm diameter.

DQB

Newly Enlightened
Thank you very much for the response. I've looked at the light and am still mulling over whether it is the right one for me. I will let you know what I decide. Cheers.

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some photographers find neutral tint and, especially, high CRI to be essential for their flashlights. If you do not understand these terms already, I recommend studying up a little before committing your funds.

PWM (pulse width modulation) is another important issue for photographers and videographers. Flashlights that use PWM are often a no-go for photographers.

Good luck with this. Have you got a pic you would like to share?