I think I have fallen in love with SUREFIRE !

Calvin0807

Newly Enlightened
surefire_zpstsx1l9yo.jpg

the black one will be my new EDC,and the silver one will be my new collection !

I think I have fallen in love with SUREFIRE !:whistle:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carry my Plus and enjoy it. My wife carries a Pink Titan and loves it. It was the Breast Cancer awareness light. If you plan to collect them. Get one of those.

kj2

Flashaholic
Starting to like my Surefire lights more and more too. Asked me 1,5 years ago and I would've said that SF is a no go for me. After I bought my first, I saw the light :p now own 5 for them.

kamote1half

Newly Enlightened
Since I've been introduced to flashlights several years back, since the incan days, I've always dreamed of owning a Surefire light. Now that SF has newer models that are reasonably priced, it's a no brainer to get one for yourself or for your loved one. Kudos to SF for creating a light that uses a commonly available power source.

I've been eyeing on the G2X Pro for really quite a while now. Price is no longer a hindrance. The 2 things that I am hesitant about getting a SF light are the modes and the power source. G2X Pro only has 2 modes, 15 and 320 lumens and uses only CR123A 3V batteries. If only SF will have 3 modes for the 'regular' people, low, med, high, that would be great.

Anyway, I'm still a SF fan. Solid. I just recently got a light, it was given to me by my girlfriend. The Astrolux S1. I'm really impressed with it. It kinda erased my desired to buy the G2X Pro or any other light in the market, regardless of the manufacturer.

Here's why.

1. Flexibility of the modes. This lights has 2 mode groups you can set, Group 1:Moon-Low-Med1-Med2-High1-High2-Turbo and Group 2: Low,Med,High,Turbo. You can also set the Memory to On or Off. Other features are available, such as strobe and moonlight, but are hidden.

2. Dual power source. This light uses single 18650 cell and can also use 18350 or CR123A battery. The package comes with a 18350 tube.

3. Over 1000 lumens max compared to the G2X or even the P2X models.

All mentioned above, SF doesn't have any of those. Yes, SF has other things that Astrolux doesn't have, I'm not saying the S1 is better than the SF lights or the other way around, no, I'm only saying that there is an option for those who are new or want more flexibility for their EDC. Will I still buy a SF light in the future? Yes, will still get the G2X Pro.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of my favorite "new" SF lights is the Peacemaker. It is a nice daily or I should say, nightly carry light. For those not aware, it runs 18650s from the factory. I like to wear it in a SF leather holster. Easy carry.

Roger Sully

Flashlight Enthusiast
Every so often I get bitten by the SF bug. A couple of years ago I sold all of my SF lights because they kind of just sat around. So far this year I've purchased 2 M6 Guardians, 1 M3, 1 9P, 3 E2e, 1 E1e and 3 6P lights......
All of the lights except for the 6Ps have been upgraded with Lumens Factory LED towers and drop ins.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Congratulations! I've been SureFire struck since I first heard of them in 1995/6. I've owned quite a few over the years and lost quite a few, given away quite a few as gifts.

Right now, here's the ones I have nearby while the other SFs are somewhere around the house.

5K9OobAl.jpg

That's all for now and enjoy!:cool:

torchsarecool

Enlightened
I'm not a die hard fan of surefire but can appreciate their quality. This is my only one I have. It's decent quality and has a great beam. Doesn't get used anymore as I have better performing lights now. Nice as a shelf Queen though.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
man I have wanted a 5/600 lumen Fury for a very long time. But being stuck with a CR123 only light blows. Only one or two modes also is lame as a duck. Throw in the fact that todays SF lights are built with Chinese LED's and electronics anyways only the bodies are US made then the value factor drops like a stone. I know I will wind up blowing the dough on a Fury soon I just love the design of the light. Found a used 500 lumen Fury in a local LEO supply store and they had the nerve to want $155 for it.

ven

Flashaholic
Can you not use a 16650 CC, 4.35v cell in place of the cr123's...................thats what i do on a couple of SF's.

I have only kind of got into surefires recently, always wanted a C2 so have a couple now and an M2 which i love, other than these 3, the classic 6p as well. I have been put off for a while due to actual costs(not cheap in UK), not being too sure at the time on the p60 drop in side of things , also not liking the cr123 fuel they use(expensive here in the UK). However times change, one C2 is bored, the other 3 run on 16650 fuel. None right now have the bulbs in, all p60 drop ins, from triples,quads to the xhp70 5000k de-dome beast .

Do like them for hosts, not too sure if i will be adding to them in the future as i seem content right now. The e1e/e2e are quite tempting with the tana modules!

Now and then i will throw a bulb in just for a change, little too throwy for just general type uses(for me anyway) so more just for fun....

Calvin0807

Newly Enlightened
I carry my Plus and enjoy it. My wife carries a Pink Titan and loves it. It was the Breast Cancer awareness light. If you plan to collect them. Get one of those.

So you suggest me to buy another one for my wife ?:kiss:
She is carrying an Olight i3e now !

Calvin0807

Newly Enlightened
Starting to like my Surefire lights more and more too. Asked me 1,5 years ago and I would've said that SF is a no go for me. After I bought my first, I saw the light :p now own 5 for them.

that is because you have earned much more money over the 5 years ,haha !

Calvin0807

Newly Enlightened
Can you not use a 16650 CC, 4.35v cell in place of the cr123's...................thats what i do on a couple of SF's.

I have only kind of got into surefires recently, always wanted a C2 so have a couple now and an M2 which i love, other than these 3, the classic 6p as well. I have been put off for a while due to actual costs(not cheap in UK), not being too sure at the time on the p60 drop in side of things , also not liking the cr123 fuel they use(expensive here in the UK). However times change, one C2 is bored, the other 3 run on 16650 fuel. None right now have the bulbs in, all p60 drop ins, from triples,quads to the xhp70 5000k de-dome beast .

Do like them for hosts, not too sure if i will be adding to them in the future as i seem content right now. The e1e/e2e are quite tempting with the tana modules!

Now and then i will throw a bulb in just for a change, little too throwy for just general type uses(for me anyway) so more just for fun....

The CR123A battery is too expensive for me in HK too !
I do want to have a 18650 Surefire flashlight !

Calvin0807

Newly Enlightened
Congratulations! I've been SureFire struck since I first heard of them in 1995/6. I've owned quite a few over the years and lost quite a few, given away quite a few as gifts.

Right now, here's the ones I have nearby while the other SFs are somewhere around the house.

5K9OobAl.jpg

That's all for now and enjoy!:cool:

NICE TOOLS ! :kiss:
Thanks for sharing !

Calvin0807

Newly Enlightened
I'm not a die hard fan of surefire but can appreciate their quality. This is my only one I have. It's decent quality and has a great beam. Doesn't get used anymore as I have better performing lights now. Nice as a shelf Queen though.

this one is also a classic model !
I think is much more used out of the door !

Calvin0807

Newly Enlightened
Since I've been introduced to flashlights several years back, since the incan days, I've always dreamed of owning a Surefire light. Now that SF has newer models that are reasonably priced, it's a no brainer to get one for yourself or for your loved one. Kudos to SF for creating a light that uses a commonly available power source.

I've been eyeing on the G2X Pro for really quite a while now. Price is no longer a hindrance. The 2 things that I am hesitant about getting a SF light are the modes and the power source. G2X Pro only has 2 modes, 15 and 320 lumens and uses only CR123A 3V batteries. If only SF will have 3 modes for the 'regular' people, low, med, high, that would be great.

Anyway, I'm still a SF fan. Solid. I just recently got a light, it was given to me by my girlfriend. The Astrolux S1. I'm really impressed with it. It kinda erased my desired to buy the G2X Pro or any other light in the market, regardless of the manufacturer.

Here's why.

1. Flexibility of the modes. This lights has 2 mode groups you can set, Group 1:Moon-Low-Med1-Med2-High1-High2-Turbo and Group 2: Low,Med,High,Turbo. You can also set the Memory to On or Off. Other features are available, such as strobe and moonlight, but are hidden.

2. Dual power source. This light uses single 18650 cell and can also use 18350 or CR123A battery. The package comes with a 18350 tube.

3. Over 1000 lumens max compared to the G2X or even the P2X models.

All mentioned above, SF doesn't have any of those. Yes, SF has other things that Astrolux doesn't have, I'm not saying the S1 is better than the SF lights or the other way around, no, I'm only saying that there is an option for those who are new or want more flexibility for their EDC. Will I still buy a SF light in the future? Yes, will still get the G2X Pro.

I know little about Astrolux !
But I found that there are some models are the same between
Astrolux and MANKER !
could you tell me why ?

Calvin0807

Newly Enlightened
One of my favorite "new" SF lights is the Peacemaker. It is a nice daily or I should say, nightly carry light. For those not aware, it runs 18650s from the factory. I like to wear it in a SF leather holster. Easy carry.

18650 battery is exactly what I interest !