Small, Powerful EDC Light with Good Throw? E11? Manker T01?

outofthedarkness

Enlightened
Looking for a Very Bright Light with Good Beam Throw, I want a Nice Beam on it with a Bright white light.

Is the build on the Nitecore EC11 any good? Or should I look at Olight S2 Baton or Manker T01?

Last edited:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
What is you description/idea of a "Nice Beam"??

I would really suggest the Nitecore EC11, pretty sure you had a typo there. Anyways, get the EC11 and some Efest 18350 cells. You will be likely pleased with its performance. You can also run regular CR123 batteries in it. Remember, because it can fit a 18350 cell, it will be slightly thicker (more round) than say the Manker. It also has a very handy small Red led in the reflector. Personally, I find this super useful. Great for moving around the bedroom at night, or setting it up as a location beacon, night light camping or at a hotel, and so on. If you use your imagination, the little red led can have lots of uses. The red led can basically run FOREVER on a single battery.

This little light is a small pocket rocket. It Throws very nicely & is very bright!

outofthedarkness

Enlightened
What is you description/idea of a "Nice Beam"??

I would really suggest the Nitecore EC11, pretty sure you had a typo there. Anyways, get the EC11 and some Efest 18350 cells. You will be likely pleased with its performance. You can also run regular CR123 batteries in it. Remember, because it can fit a 18350 cell, it will be slightly thicker (more round) than say the Manker. It also has a very handy small Red led in the reflector. Personally, I find this super useful. Great for moving around the bedroom at night, or setting it up as a location beacon, night light camping or at a hotel, and so on. If you use your imagination, the little red led can have lots of uses. The red led can basically run FOREVER on a single battery.

This little light is a small pocket rocket. It Throws very nicely & is very bright!

Thanks it was a Typo Yes, I was referring to the EC11
My Only Concern with this is the Width of it as its quite Fat, I want something to slide into a jeans pocket, bag or coat pocket, I feel the EC11 may be too Fat to sit comfortably in the Jeans pocket but it fits my needs really well

What other lights the same size are slimmer? I prefer the shape to be the same all the way down the torch, just so its easy to fit in the pocket

I am considering a EagTac D25C Ti - However I think these are more Floody than Beam?

Is there anything else cylinder shaped that would fit the bill ?

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 on the EC11 with the Efest 18350 inside it. The Eagtac D series are outstanding lights the CR/RCR size D series top out at under 500 LED lumens and change modes by twisting the head but are still very nice. All the lights that are bite sized like the EC11 overwhelmingly have flood oriented beams in order to get the most out of such a small reflector. EC11 is blazingly bright for its size when running a 16340/18350 gets really hot quick but that is to be expected with a light so small.

If you are willing to go a touch larger I cannot recommend the MH20 series enough. The MH20GT has a stunning throw range for its size and the GT has the super white tint of the XP-L HI V3 emitter.

Poppy

Flashaholic
Thanks it was a Typo Yes, I was referring to the EC11
My Only Concern with this is the Width of it as its quite Fat, I want something to slide into a jeans pocket, bag or coat pocket, I feel the EC11 may be too Fat to sit comfortably in the Jeans pocket but it fits my needs really well

What other lights the same size are slimmer? I prefer the shape to be the same all the way down the torch, just so its easy to fit in the pocket

I am considering a EagTac D25C Ti - However I think these are more Floody than Beam?

Is there anything else cylinder shaped that would fit the bill ?
If you want something REALLY thinner, then take a look at the D25A Ti, and run it with a 14500 LiIon.

If you want something REALLY thinner, then take a look at the D25A Ti, and run it with a 14500 LiIon.

But I thought the D25A doesn't support 14500s fully, supposedly lose some functionality and can't be good for the light..?

Im in search of Klarus Mi7 competitors... If I can truly get 750 lumens ANSI out of a D25A Ti without any damage to light, especially using a protected 14500 let me know.. I'll buy 50.
Otherwise, eagerly and anxiously awaiting a group buy for the Manker E11... (Kinda fat though... Didn't want more than 18-19mm in my pocket

Poppy

Flashaholic
But I thought the D25A doesn't support 14500s fully, supposedly lose some functionality and can't be good for the light..?

Im in search of Klarus Mi7 competitors... If I can truly get 750 lumens ANSI out of a D25A Ti without any damage to light, especially using a protected 14500 let me know.. I'll buy 50.
Otherwise, eagerly and anxiously awaiting a group buy for the Manker E11... (Kinda fat though... Didn't want more than 18-19mm in my pocket
Our friend Reppans is in my mind our resident expert regarding 1AA lights.
He prefers low lumens, perhaps even sublumen lights for many tasks. I think it was he who noted that some Quarks maintain their sub lumen settings even with a 14500. Most lights don't. I believe that the ET D25A's moonlight of 0.5 lumens jumps up a bit (as do all of its other settings). Other than that I don't recall the D25A not fully supporting 14500 batteries.

I have one in Ti, ( a gift from the other side of the pond) and don't have any issues with it with a 14500.

Will it take a protected 14500 or only unprotected? And what lumen output for protected 14500? 700ish I hope? If yes then I'm sold... Otherwise Klarus Mi7 replacement goes on...

Latest posts