• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Maus Mk. I

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Greetings!

I'm pleased to introduce to you the new Maus Electric Torch.

I have been working on this design for the last several months. It has gone through full prototyping and testing, and is currently in production, with a scheduled completion by August 2016. Updates are being posted regularly on Instagram as production moves towards completion. :)

The Maus is an exercise in minimalism. It is small. It is bright. It is elegant.

It is based on the N cell, and designed to be an ideal companion for every day carry. It's tiny – so much so, in fact, that it makes the already very small Aeon Mk. III look big. When placed on your keys, the light is unobtrusive and completely disappears into your pocket, being smaller in volume than most car key fobs.

Despite its size, the Maus is a well-balanced design, with three light intensity settings set at 1, 10, and 60 lumen levels, providing up to 65 hours continuous runtime on low mode, and 15 minutes on high, fully regulated, off of an alkaline battery, without overheating. The LED used is a Nichia 219B, providing a well-rendered, neutral white output.

The eye's response to light is non-linear. Thusly, while the Maus is quite small in size, I expect you will be surprised to find that it compares favorably to lights much larger than it.

The torch is crafted from 6AL4V titanium, comes equipped with a double-AR coated sapphire crystal lens, an efficient light engine, gold plated electrical contacts, and the same high quality and workmanship present in all my lights.

The Maus is available for pre-order on the website for $295. Until the end of June, you can use code PRE20 at checkout on the copper and titanium versions to receive a $20 pre-order discount.

Production thus far has greatly benefited from the groundwork laid by the Aeon Mk. III project, and everything is presently on schedule to be completed by August 2016. I am greatly looking forward to getting the new light onto your keychains as quickly as possible!

Questions? Feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] or post below!

Enrique

RGRAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was hoping for copper.
Thank you.
I'm in. :)

Dakine234

Enlightened
Cant wait! Will likely be picking one of these up to rotate with my Mcgizmo Sapphire. Awesome as always! :twothumbs

magellan

Honorary Aussie
This is great news. I'm in for two coppers.

I just tried to pay on your website but it may not have gone thru as I got popped right back to your payment page from the Paypal one, and there was no confirmation.

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
What is the safe voltage range for the driver, please ?

Interested mainly in any support for non-alkaline battery chemistry(s) ....

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Very interesting. I needed something to hold & manipulate that would simulate the size, and determined that the cap of a 'Sharpie marker' approximates the dimensions. Also, the size looks to be extremely close to an AA cell. Tempting ... :)

As 'N' cell options are most likely only alkaline, would certainly stick to a battery supplier that guarantees product replacement if damaged by leakage. ;)

I'm guessing the light is L-M-H, with no mode memory; any estimates of runtimes for 'medium'?

Edit: I'm not an expert on the 219B, would that be a 4000K or 4500K color temp? And the CRI?

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
NiMH in "N cell" format (size) may be a nice option, if the driver can handle the lower voltage

They aren't available in "low self-discharge" type, however

phosphor22

Enlightened
Extremely tempting! and I second Kestrel's and archimedes' questions...

Update: thanks for the answers below to the questions Endeavour!

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
Man that looks pretty in copper! Can you post a pic with the Mk. III for size reference please?

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
nbp: I will see about taking a photo in the next few days - in the short term, one of the testers has posted a photo before here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BGVNSy2smV3/?taken-by=nannermanor :thumbsup:

archimedes: You can use an NiMH N-cell in the light. I have no idea how it well it will run as I haven't tried one. Chargers seem difficult to come by (I assume adapters for AA length are too).

Lithium Ion cells should not be used in any of my lights, including the Maus.

Kestrel: Correct on mode progression. An educated guess on medium mode runtime would be 3-4 hours, but I won't know for certain until after the production units are tested. The prototype was set to 30 lumens on medium, and ran for 1:20. I think the reel of 219s I had were 4000K, but will confirm later. 93CRI.

magellan: I don't think your order went through, but I'm not certain since I don't know who you are. You can check your PP history, or send me an e-mail at [email protected] if you'd like, and I'd be happy to help you out. :)

Thanks everyone!

Enrique

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Enrique,

Okay, I'll try one more time and then email you if it doesn't work.

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hope you get your order sorted out, magellan! Did not have any problems with my Copper Maus order.

Anyway, these are sweet little lights. Absolutely tiny, but still having a useable 60 lumens.
Kudos to Enrique for rolling out another excellent light!

Anyway, here is my Ti MkI Prototype with its Ti Aeon MkIII sibling...
27730659392_f55e127234_b.jpg

Funny how our close-ups hide the size of the light. Here are the same lights in the palm of my average-sized hands...
27220217213_010b611521_b.jpg

Clever stowaway design... Probably one of my favorite features...
27219929544_71bb3c1906_b.jpg

Last edited:

zeppo

Newly Enlightened
Looks the business! Ordered one by proxy. :) PayPal would not let me ship to him.

ice_man

Newly Enlightened
It's a toggle twisty. Here is a pic of the coppers for comparison. The quality/detail on the prototype is very impressive : )

Muyshondt - copper Aeon Mk. III/ copper Maus Mk. I prototype

Thank you for this photo. I have been searching for a copper aeon mkiii that has seen some use coz I wanted to check out the natural patina developing.

Can I ask if you have an IG account which these are posted? Would love to check out some more shots...

Thanks