• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired McGizmo Mclux III PD, Aluminum, Modded by datiLED

dbla

Newly Enlightened
Alrighty guys,Gonna list this up. This is a early McGizmo PD in aluminum, hard anodized black.When I received this, I sent it to datiLED to have it modded.. He added a XP-L HI 4000k, and bumped the high level to 750-833mA. This REALLY modernized this light, so you get the classic piston drive, with real nice outputs.With that said, IT HAS BEEN CARRIED, not mint and has wear as you can see in the pics. If you need more pictures, or have questions please PM me.I'm looking to get $300, $257.80, shipped to you.

hmZJhvr.jpg

Bgxu9Fm.jpg

kvGE4Hn.jpg

Attachments

• hmZJhvr.jpg
    hmZJhvr.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 170
  • Bgxu9Fm.jpg
    Bgxu9Fm.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 169
  • kvGE4Hn.jpg
    kvGE4Hn.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:

Ladd

Enlightened
No it does not take the Haiku's LE. The PD (Piston Drive) features the LED epoxied directly to a bulkhead in the light itself.

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
So this is a 2 output light? Meaning it's just hi/lo? I'm not terribly familiar with these old McGizmos, but I'm definitely interested...

dbla

Newly Enlightened
So this is a 2 output light? Meaning it's just hi/lo? I'm not terribly familiar with these old McGizmos, but I'm definitely interested...

Yes. Momentary high and low from the tail switch, and you can twist the head for constant on. It's a very versatile and cool design.

Dakine234

Enlightened
In the unlikely event youʻd split and sell the LE alone iʻd be very interested! Iʻd put in in mine, the exactly the same light you have haha! GLWS!! :twothumbs

dbla

Newly Enlightened
In the unlikely event youʻd split and sell the LE alone iʻd be very interested! Iʻd put in in mine, the exactly the same light you have haha! GLWS!! :twothumbs

Heh I wouldn't even know what to do with the remaining parts. But shoot me a PM and maybe we can work something out.

Dakine234

Enlightened
Heh I wouldn't even know what to do with the remaining parts. But shoot me a PM and maybe we can work something out.
I could trade LE with you and pay the difference so youʻll still have a complete light, just stock as it was from Don if youʻre interested. Pretty sure the LEʻs are easy enough to swap out if there like Dons current lights. But that would take away from your sale in my opinion, that modification on the LE is an awesome one!

Dakine234

Enlightened
Yeah. Less inclined to do that. Sorry man.
No problem! Figured it couldn't hurt to ask, but yes that LE is incredible! Iʻll shoot you a PM to inquire about how much the upgrade cost. GLWS!! Its a great price for an awesome and timeless light

archimedes

Flashaholic
I could trade LE with you and pay the difference so youʻll still have a complete light, just stock as it was from Don if youʻre interested. Pretty sure the LEʻs are easy enough to swap out if there like Dons current lights. But that would take away from your sale in my opinion, that modification on the LE is an awesome one!

Just FYI ... these are not like that

The entire bezel / head / light-engine assembly could maybe be swapped, but there is no modular "can" inside ;)

Last edited: